Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is this possible?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

MuelusPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ok i am using the hercules dj console mk 1 through an external 4 channel mixer at the moment.
My herc is connected to channel 1 of the external mixer and i use channel 1 of the mixer as a master volume in a way and also use the equaliser knobs on there now and again.
But what i am after having is the left deck on channel 1 and right deck on channel 2 on the external mixer instead of having both deck 1 and 2 through one single channel on the external mixeer. im currently using the hercules mk1 console as my soundcard and i dont know how i can achieve this. i can do it using my computers sound card using the split option but then i cant use my console to control vdj.
i hope you understood what im trying to achieve.
Is this possible and if so could you explain tks.

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 4:35 am
I use my computers onboard sound split and have 2 channels out to the mixer and can control VDJ with the MK2. You just lose all sound config within the MK2. I have found my onboard sounds better than the MK2 did and I preview with the external mixer.

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 6:07 am
Yes that is exactly what i want to do but with the mk 1 hercules.
i want to be able to still control vdj 4.0 with the hercules mk 1 but be able to split the sound using my laptops sound card into 2 channels on my external mixer.
i find that the sound quality is better through my laptops soundcard but i would like to use the start/stop buttons and jog wheels on the mk 1 to scratch etc, instead of having to use keyboard and mouse all the time.

Is there a way to do this or not?

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 3:54 pm
yes its possible:)

If one line out on your pc soundcard, you need a stereo splitter (will give 2x mono signal)

Or you can get a cheap good usb soundcard with 2 line outs, such as Soundblaster 5.1 live

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 7:59 pm
If i do the above with the splitter will i still be able to control vdj with the mk 1 console.eg use the stop / play buttons and scratch wheels?

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 10:27 pm
yes:)

You can still use the hercules as a controller, even though you use other soundcards for the actual sound...

The hercules is kind of two in one: controller + soundcard... But each can be used without the other in VDJ :)

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 11:40 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)