Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: m4a (aac) format daesn't work

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi everybody,

I've downloaded the demo version 3.4 of virtual dj and expected to be able to play my *.m4a files, but they can't be played!
I can load the files, but when I press play, it doesn't start with playing (like if it stays on pause) and then, as soon as I've loaded one m4a, I can't play the mp3 anymore, unless I close the application and start it again.
I've itunes and Quicktime install on my WXP SP2 computer. the config/extension ist set to general quick time audio decoder for the m4a files.

Could anyone help solving this problem?

thanks
mitch

Inviato Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 4:24 pm
All the m4a file I've tested were imported by iTunes as aac format from my CDs

Inviato Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 5:27 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If there protected files from Itunes they won't play, but you might want to look in the config settings to see what codec opens that extension

Inviato Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 7:11 pm
the codec is set to "general quick time" audio decoder for the m4a files. The files are not protected and I can play them with WinAmp without any problem.
Can you reproduce this problem?

Inviato Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 9:55 am
I have a MacBook Pro running Boot Camp and the trial version of Virtual DJ. I also have the same problem trying to play unprotected m4v files. The files were created by using iTunes "convert to iPod" feature. They are simply not recognized in Virftual DJ. I'm waiting for the official Mac release where I assume this issue will be addressed. However, I would be tempted to go ahead and buy a liscence now if I could get Virtual DJ to play my videos under Boot Camp... so is it possible?

Inviato Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 9:45 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
michellenweiter wrote :
the codec is set to "general quick time" audio decoder for the m4a files. The files are not protected and I can play them with WinAmp without any problem.
Can you reproduce this problem?

ur demo seems to be lasting a very long time lol tisk tisk tisk

Inviato Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 11:09 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)