Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecode Vinyl with a Mixer...how?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

BiggieDHome userMember since 2005
Hi. Im real new to the hardware side of VDJ and was wondering, the Timecode Vinyl sound wicked but im unsure about how you can mix using it. Im unsure about the fact that does the VDJ software work with a standard DJing mixer or do i need to buy something special? I mean, does the software pickup on the fact that you are using the crossfader on the mixer on a standard mixer?

All help much appriciated,
Many thanks.

Inviato Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 5:28 pm
To use timecode you'll need a soundcard with atleast two inputs and two outputs, I'm using ESI's u46dj. It's not overly complicated at all, just plug your turntables or cd decks into the inputs of your soundcard and the outputs to your mixer inputs. Configuring the software is pretty simple too;^]

Inviato Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 6:11 pm
Thanks for the reply mate but its not the setup im confused about. :-D I have a Soundcard with the capabilities so thats all good but im just wanting to know if you can actually crossfade between 2 MP3's using a standard mixer or would i need to buy a special mixer designed for use with VDJ?

Inviato Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 7:34 pm
Yup, the crossfader works great! The way it works is that the two output channels (or 3 if you plan to use the sample section for a third channel) work independantly into the two channels of your mixer, which means that channel one will control deck 1 and channel 2 will control deck 2. It's a flawless operation as far as crossfading goes, any dj mixer will work;^]

Inviato Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 7:40 pm
Oh, i see what you mean now. Thanks for the help mate. This sounds pretty cool, i think ill get these now. :-D

Inviato Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 7:43 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)