Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 4.0 random freezes and ock ups

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have been using 4.0 since the 2nd day it came out and overall I love it and think it has such great potential. I started using it on every job (about 4 jobs a week), but have had random freeze ups and after a problem at the start of a job, I switched back to PCDJ FX to get through the night as the party was a high end Mitzvah that I could not afford to screw up by the music cutting out due to a bug. Here are some of the problems. Mind you, they don't always happen. Most of the time it's fine, but it's like a ticking time bomb that I never know when it will go off.

1. While mixing between VOB video files and MP3 audio files the program sometimes locks up. Deck A may be playing an MP3 and I load deck B with a VOB. file and it locks up the whole program. Deck A will keep playing until the song ends and then stop, but I can do nothing with the program. Everything is non responsive. I have to open Windows media player or MusicMatch Juke box to play a file while I Control, Alt, Delete to shut VDJ 4.0 down and then re-open it. This happens whether using only MP3's, MP3's and VOB's or only VOB's.

2. Last night something new happened. I was mixing only MP3 files and was playing deck B through my speakers. I loaded an MP3 into deck A and went to listen to it in the head phones and there was no sound. The numbers on the display were ticking away, but there seemed to be no sound coming out of deck A at all. I shut the program down and then re-opend it and all seemed fine until about 10 minutes later when it did the same exact thing. I was starting a high end Mitzvah and didn't feel confident using VDJ 4 and switched to PCDJ FX which worked flawlessly. I like VDJ 4.0 better than FX, but the stability dosn't seem to totally be there yet. Has anyone else had anything similar happen? I have an Alienware laptop with a 3.2 gig processor, 2 gig's of ram, an Invidia 900 video card with 128 megs of ram, and I'm using XP professional and controlling it all with the Dac 2 and sending audio out through a gigaport.

Inviato Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 7:51 am
i had 1 feeze with 4.0 some other 4.0 users have it too. It seems that the freezes only occure at some certain mp3-encoded audiofile. We wern't able to isolate which mp3 causes the crash, but when we do, we will send the mp3 to the dev-team for bugfixing. it looks like 4.0 has some issue with poorly-encoded mp3s.

if you do get another crash, try to remember which mp3 you were playing at the time of crash, it might help to isolate te problem. try to play that same mp3 again and do it all over the same way you did at point of the crash. this is valuable feeedback for the dev-team so they can bugfix the issue.

Inviato Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 12:52 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)