Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 4.0 Performance Questions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

lmichelPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I upgraded to 4.0 because I was curious about the new sound engine, and I really needed the video skin that came with it. 3.4 ran 'okay' on my cellbox celeronD 2Ghz 1Gb 400MhzFSB on XPH when I turn off many unnecessary services. I use two of these systems (side-by-side) in a mobile rig. 4.0 just barely works. It hasn't crashed or hung. but, if I'm playing video on one deck, and I try to load another video on the other deck, it will take about 3 minutes to load. sometimes it will take longer to load than it takes for the playing video to finish playing. Lucky for me - I have two PCs..

When I'm loading and playing at the sametime, the CPU meter is one square away from max'd out.

I have hardware acceleration enabled, and use a PCI 128Mb card to move the video. And I use the onboard VGA to run the VDJ window. I'd use a better PCI card (the little cellbox's dont have an AGP or PCIe slot) if I knew for a fact that it would help.

Now I'm thinking about modifying the skin and turning several things that I dont use OFF. My question is - will this improve performance much? For example: I could disable the master video within the skin. The other two channels of video preview I really need though. I could turn off tons of syncing,automixing, temp, beatlock, EQ, looping and just about every other feature. My gigs never call for that sort of stuff anyway.
Has anyone done anything like this and if so, was it worth it?

Thanks

lmichel
Rochester, NY

Inviato Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 11:34 pm
Switching off the eq sliders will not result in better performance. Especially with the video skin, you will need some power especially for your grafix card. A very card with ddr3 memory is needed, while you have several times the video running: video preview 1, video preview 2, video master, vdj itself with waveform, video output (tv, plasma, projector, ...).

This will be too hard for your current setup. The specs of this machine are 5 years old I guess.

You could upgrade to a faster pc, or leave video out for this moment, or switch back to 3.4, or use vdj 4 with the default skin (no video previews) and with the performance slider completely to the left.
Ewout

Inviato Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 12:11 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)