Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: future user...need help.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi to all!
I have some questions before I make the plunge...
first off, I dj at a nightclub during the week, and do mobiles on the weekends.
I use cdj1000's for the club and cdj200's for my mobiles.
I would like to get a dell e1505 and fast track pro for the soundcard I think. This is what I can gather so far.
I have heard that I can use time coded cd's, which is great, but don't have a clue where to start.
Thanks!

Inviato Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 9:42 pm
I was looking at otsdj, but the mixing was quite up to par...At least for what I like to do.
I enjoy what vdj 4 can do, but was wondering what to avoid, and things that I need to buy.
Thanks,
Jeff

Inviato Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 11:55 pm

You need a good asio soundcard that has at least two line ins... such as maya44, u46dj or better
(low latecy cards)
Dont get cheaper ones.. ;) that gives too high latency

Then all you need is the free timecode cd, and put it inside your cdjs's ;) connect them to line ins of your asio card, and it will control vdj...

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/VDJTimeCode.mp3

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 12:00 am
DJarr3xHome userMember since 2006
I'm a newbie here, and I was wondering, do any of you guys know how to create a new song instead o just mixing two other songs?

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 12:52 am
So which is better?
The U46DJ or the maya44

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 1:10 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
ESI U46DJ is the better one.

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 2:34 pm
maya44 is descontinued esi u46dj is good enough.

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 2:44 pm
UweBPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i have the dell laptop M70 and it runs perfekt with the u46dj ( asio mode )

only a tip for the right laptop *gg*

i read here that some peop´s have probs with the u46 and laptop

Uwe

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 8:37 pm
Looks like I am going to go with the m-audio fast track pro, since I am selling some old lights I don't use for consignment and getting it for free. :)

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 10:23 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I dont think that you can do the job with fast track pro you need 2 stereo line ins (4 mono inputs) for 2 timecode cd's, same for the outputs.

Inviato Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 4:02 am
I just purchased M-Audio Fast Track Pro 4x4 Mobile USB Audio/MIDI Interface with Preamps, because gigaport ag has been discountinued....Did I make the wrong choice? All Iam looking is to separate the virtual dj decks into two different channel and feed them to my mixer. If deck one is channel one on my mixer and deck two is channel two than I can cue and prelisten to the next deck....am I right?

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 10:47 pm
Taken from http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackPro-main.html

"Fast Track Pro also features near-zero latency direct hardware monitoring and low-latency ASIO software monitoring, plus an A/B source switch and dual output pairs for DJ-style cueing. Fast Track Pro is compatible with most popular PC and Mac music software. "

I have been told that it will work fine. (I hope so)

I also looked at this http://www.idjnow.com/StoreModules/ProductDetails.aspx/PID=UA1EX , but did not hear any reviews from anyone.

I hope that the fast track is the answer. :)

Inviato Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 1:44 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)