Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to connect TCVs to X-Fi Platinum?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I've been looking around the forums on how to connect a mixer and two turntables to the X-Fi Platinum I/O console but there is no extensive guide on how to do so. On the console, there is only 1 line in and 1 line out, making possible only one turntable to connect. What do I do with the external mixer and the other turntable? Do I need to purchase additional wires to hook it all up?

Inviato Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 11:33 pm
You only need the full pro version of VDJ.

That will let you use that soundcard, and use only one turntable with timecode, to control both decks of VDJ (switch deck to control is possible on the fly)

Hope that helps

Inviato Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 11:38 pm
I already bought another turntable and a mixer though. I'll need a mixer to cut sounds for sure. I tried the demo version of VDJ 4.1 but it doesn't work right. I see waves in the timecode advanced view but the timecode quality reads 0% all the time. When then turntable isn't running, the deck plays itself really slowly with very bad quality. Currently, I'm using the MK2 console with one TCV with all the updated drivers. I'm sure the needle is good since it's new and I've already worn it in. Please explain how to switch decks on the fly.

Inviato Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 12:07 am
is possible to connect 2 tts to the x-fi platinum and work in asio mode, is 100% stable, frontal panel works as inputs and rear pannel as outputs me and acw have used it succesfully with tcvs.

Inviato Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 1:11 am
How were u able to do that? Which wires did u use? Where do I connect the mixer to?

Inviato Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 8:19 am
for the inputs you need a regular rca cable and a the other one is a stereo mic plug (the only one that is in front panel below the rca input), those are the 2 stereo inputs neccessary for tcvs use,now outputs are the mini jacks of the rear panel (green and black),is suppose that version 4 and above have native support for this soundcard so is not neccessary to modify the registry in order that vdj breaks inputs and outputs , try with these settings.

Inviato Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 3:40 pm
Oh I see, and then the green and black outputs connect to the mixer. Then, I connect the mixer to my speaker system. But, will the mixer have inputs from the soundcard minijack wires? However, will that render my dj console mk2 useless?

Inviato Sun 15 Oct 06 @ 11:36 pm
There are many ways to use tcvs, you can even connect your mk2 directly and to use its own internal soundcard in asio mode, or if you prefer you can use it as a controller and the x-fi as soundcard.
BTW: minijacks to rca cables exist,ask for them in any electronic shop.

Inviato Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 12:04 am
does the connection works with creative asio or asio for all
and inputs is the mic and the auxiliary in????

Inviato Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 7:04 pm
Yes, you got it, although is not recomendable to use asio4all, better use the native asio creative drivers.

Inviato Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 11:36 pm
my connection did not work the sound is very bad and i can't control the music with my denon s5000 i canot scracth i can only play and stop the music
what is the pb i need more help thanks

Inviato Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 11:34 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)