Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV scratch going opposite direction

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I have a VDJ setup with TCV vinyl connected via X-fi ASIO drivers. I have my turntable plugged in through the microphone input. Everything is fine, I have 100% signal and running in 1ms latency. However, when i scratch backwards, the track scratches foward instead. I spin my turntable backwards and find that that the track will continue to play fowards. Does anybody know the solution to this problem?

Inviato Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 8:46 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lol are u sure uv pluged the phono cables the right way round ?

Inviato Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 11:31 am
Yeah I got em right, red on red, white on white. funny thing is, when I switch it around, the record ONLY plays backward whether I scratch forward or backwards. Does it have to do with the ASIO drivers? I tried options like invert phase or invert stereo but to no avail. My setup looks like this:

Inviato Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 7:55 pm
how odd ,

will do some research on this

does any one have any ideas

basic sugestion turn the phono otherway round lol

Inviato Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 8:10 pm
yeah it's weird. I'm starting to think it's the X-fi ASIO drivers. But i'm really unfamiliar with how to properly set up the turntable to soundcard line in because there are no official procedures for doing so. I'll try to get it workin the next few days. Will let you know if i get it working.

Inviato Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 8:52 pm
hang on , i just realised somthing

ur copy of virtual dj has "limited timecode suport"

u might need to upgrade for this one

Inviato Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 9:22 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
doubleUTF wrote :

I have my turntable plugged in through the microphone input

Timecode signal is stereo and your mic input (whats wrong with the line in input ?) is MONO...
You can see this at your graphics. There is only one (red) sine wave/input.
It should be two... The green one is missing...

Inviato Mon 30 Oct 06 @ 2:24 am
ah , how could i miss that the shame

its 1 : 30 am here lol

time for bed me thinks

Inviato Mon 30 Oct 06 @ 2:29 am
The green wave is actually embedded in the red wave as u can occasionally see green parts.
So I tried messing around with the ASIO drivers and I get this: Channel 1 and 2 are now fine(forward and backward scratches are good) but channel 3&4 goes haywire. Nothing is plugged into 3&4 and yet I get a bunch of noise in the signal. As a matter of fact, there IS no channel 3 and 4 since there is no input for it. However, whatever noise that comes out on channel 3 and 4 seems to correspond to 1 and 2. Sometimes, the whole program goes hayware and my timecoded vinyl starts controlling the song menu instead. AHH!!

Inviato Mon 30 Oct 06 @ 6:01 am
I made a video of this, what you see in the beginning was only the TCV. I did not use the mouse or the keyboard to control the GUI. Deck 1 is corresponding to the TCV as it should, but deck 2 is playing on its own with timecoded noise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yEICuAKiUA

Inviato Mon 30 Oct 06 @ 6:30 am

Inviato Mon 30 Oct 06 @ 11:02 am
I'm not using MK2 drivers, i'm using X-fi ASIO

Inviato Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 6:25 am
might be worth trying the mk2 to see what happens?

Inviato Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 1:03 pm
yeah i have the mk2 and i've used the setup u posted but it doesn't work well for me. there's too much latency

Inviato Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 8:53 pm
try a higher buffer on the asio control pannel

Inviato Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 9:35 pm
miQeHome userMember since 2006
he got it!

Inviato Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 10:02 pm
lol?

Inviato Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 10:33 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)