Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 4.1 is giving a lot of trouble.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

kc10guyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I had vdj on auto and setup about 30 songs. The mix was not smooth and would skip to the middle of the song. The headphones gives a very choppy sound of the preview deck. To this point I have been very pleased but this will lead to a show stopper. I only play music cen we get a stable platform that does that well , like it use to.

DJ Jon G

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 9:21 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
First thing I would look at would be your system specs and soundcard and maybe even graphics. Are they all good enough to run the version your using?

Check the minimum specs for running the program. If you believe you have enough, post them here in the forum along with all other pc details such as:

• Other hardware you are using - don't forget connection types etc cos it all helps
  • Other software you are running - other programs (Virus/Spyware etc) can kick the ass out of a system rendering it useless for VDJ
  • Any IRQ conflicts? Check 'System Information' under IRQ conflict tab
  • Settings of VDJ itself. What version are you using? Can you try and reduce the performance tab for better quality as opposed to quicker system?

There are many things that can make audio choppy. Provide us with as much information as you can and we should be able to help you with your problem.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 11:14 am
I have not updated yet and kc10guy's question is simple

CAN WE GET A STABLE AUDIO VERSION ???

Like me we are just DJ's and have no interest in the video tricks n toys...we want a stable audio product and if Virtual DJ wants to load up the software with a pile of un-stable garbage, then please at least let us turn it off.Personally I think Virtual DJ should spend more time on getting the audio side stable and less time on the whistles N Bells.
WE NEED TO MIX MP3's !!!!! period

Still running version 3 with just one or two small bugs...but no show stoppers

Jon F

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 2:49 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Appreciate that, but I was not in any way referring to videos. I don't use them either. I simply mentioned graphics because I'm still having some problems with my waveform jumping about like mad whenever I load a song onto the other deck. Perhaps a graphics card is using alot of resources and draining the audio side of things? I was merely offering my thoughts.

So, yeah, we need to play mp3's, and perhaps the dev team have gone a bit mad bringing out video support too soon (although I don't necessarily agree with that), but at the end of the day, any one of us reading the original post would have said 'Post your specs'. THAT'S how we work out what the problems are, whether they are relating to sound, graphics, controllers, anything.

How could we have solved anything without knowing what the basic pc specs are? People on the forums aren't mind readers. The first reply that all these types of queries get is 'What are your specs?' Because it's usually an issue with conflicting hardware or software on the user's pc.

Oh - and incidentally, I use version 4 with the following system:

AMD Sempron 2800
Win XP SP1
1.5 gb PC2700 DDR RAM
GeForce 6600gt with 128
1 * 40 gb maxtor diamond plus 8 (with OS on it)
1 * 160 gb samsung with 75gb for music, 50gb for karaoke (karaoke not used), 35gb spare
Just short of 8,000 tracks
Sony CDRW
Virtual DJ 4
DAC 3

I've had no problems apart from the waveform skipping. I use this system every weekend at least twice for 5/6 hour slots. I've got a bad habit of rebooting it two or three times a night for a quick rest just to put my mind at rest and make sure it'll be ok, but pretty much all the problems I've had have been with the computer itself, which I've sorted.

Version 4 is much better on an audio basis than anything before it due to the new sound engine. Try it! :o)

As much as I hate to say this, I could pretty much guess that this will turn out to be a hardware issue and not a software issue.

Peace...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 5:45 pm
I also have the same problem but I fix this in a very dodgy manner.
Everytime you here funny noises in the headphones go to configurations-perfomances-presets and change the level to fastest which is 1024 on the latency or 512 which seconds fastest on the presets or vice verser.This gueswork helps you to remove the noises all the time but the funny thing is that your computer wil not hang as you are playing .512 works perfectly on my computer.
You should also do this :(this is just a suggestion)
1. uncheck the safe mode and overclock
2. On scratch optimize for quality and enhanced algorithm

Try this and see if it works, but you wil always have to be changing the presets whenever those funny noises start

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 10:50 pm
Quote:
I had vdj on auto and setup about 30 songs. The mix was not smooth and would skip to the middle of the song. The headphones gives a very choppy sound of the preview deck. To this point I have been very pleased but this will lead to a show stopper. I only play music cen we get a stable platform that does that well , like it use to.
End Quote.

Who am I:
As you can see, I am an unlicensed user. I am trying out the trail version, as I am looking for a better piece of software, that does not have the limitations I am currently dealing with. I've looked at Virtual DJ before as well.

I am surprised how many people have absolutely no sense of logic whatsoever. If the thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of current virtualdj users were all having the same problem, there is NO WAY VIRTUAL DJ WOULD STILL BE IN BUSINESS!! If the product was truly as described in the quote for everyone, and virtualdj was truly a completely unstable format, then no one would be able to use it, and they certainly could not sell it for $300, maybe $5.

The fact that they are still in business says that the product must be stable enough to use. The fact that they have been in the business a long time, and aquired long term customers, also speaks to this. That's not to say that a person can not have problems with such software, but it is more likely a combination of either incorrect settings for the system being used, or a rare combination of hardware that turns out to be a bad fix, even if it does meet specs (I said rare), or perhaps a system that is simply below the minimum specs. Could also be another piece of conflicting software, could be something funky going on with Windows OS, there are a huge number of possibilities, and it seems a bit insane to just assume that the problem is that the software just sucks, even though thousands of users disagree.

I would actually not be surprised at all if this persons problem is just that he was playing with using skins. Skins hog resources on any DJ software. All of the symptoms he describes sounds like the software is resource/speed starved.

Anyway, if this person would desire serious help, he should list his system specs (including sound card and video card, not just CPU/RAM), the version of virtualdj he is using, and all of his settings.

Additionally, to the person that was concerned about the resource hogginess of the video ability, if you don't use the video, it doesn't use that extra programming or resource hogginess.

...and hey, if you really don't like your copy of virtualdj that much, I'd be happy to have it. I am pretty much convinced, just lacking in funds. Hopefully can dig up the extra maybe by or after Christmas :)

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 10:37 pm
@sleeperwaken

Smartest, most reflected, adult post I've seen in a long time...

Thank you for your reflections, and you are totally right. The VAST MAJORITY have no issues with VDJ, or else it would not be in business, or be used live by several thousands local club djs at work in front of a live audience, or superstars like Dennis Ferrer at some of the highest profiled gigs in the world

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 11:47 pm
Do I win a free copy of Virtualdj 4.1? LOL... j/k. A guy can dream though, right?

I'm looking forward to exploring the possibilities with this software when I get the funds together. Looks like I can do video, Karaoke, in addition to regular MP3 mixing. Nice, one stop shopping, and a whole lot less hardware to haul around. OtsDJ just released their beatmatching update, after a whopping 6 years of development. Still no looping or sampling, but they want $350 for the Pro package, plus $300 for the video module, plus $100 for the karaoke. That's $750 for the same.... well, most of the features (LOL) virtual DJ has for $300. They are claiming that their beatmatching is the most advanced out there, but even if it is, if they want to charge that much, and then have you pay another $400 for video and Karaoke, their beatmatching mode better wash my dishes and vacuum my living room too.

Sorry, soup box again. I'll stop highjacking this thread now...LOL

Inviato Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 12:35 am

Well there are of many dj software out there, but not all work good.. I'd at least suggest you TRY OTS before you buy (if you are considering it). I'm afraid you'd be very disapointed about things like beatmatch and other things... And yeah, price is pretty insane ;)

VDJ gives you all for a bargain price, and adding to that, all updates have been FREE for all registered users so far. Something most other djs software dont do.. They charge for each upgrade & fix..
(most anyway).

If you're curious about dj software, I'd recommend you'd try VDJ, Traktor, Mixvibes and SSL.
Those are the top working ones, but I'm pretty sure you'd fine VDJ to give the most.. and best performance over-all.. ;)

And no hurry, hope to see ya as a full member one day:)

Inviato Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 2:06 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
:) wise words norway :)

Inviato Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 2:20 am
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think video dijing is next future for dj's. I've beed dijing for 22 years, started with pair of lenco (even before technics was on the market). the oportunity thet vdj is giving me now is really incredible so i think ALL the VDJ specs are good and wellcome. Of course the problem of stability, remember we run under windows, so perhaps Mr. Gates has something to say. LOL.

Inviato Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 10:09 am
czhorsePRO InfinityMember since 2005
VDJ 4.1 r2: When I right click on a folder, the option to view/search ALL subfolders is not available.
Also, I am having the following issues:
1. when using auto play from the playlist (using shuffle), each new song will skip forward several seconds when the opposite player is loading the next song.
2. very often one side (player) will not have sound. it will show on the sound level monitor of the software, but nothing comes out of the sound card. I have to restart the program to have sound once again on both players (thru sound card(s) to mixing board).
3. Occasionaly the software will stop responding. the computer does not lock-up, just VDJ does not respond to any commands (ie buttons clicked).
4. Is there perhaps a better way to refresh the local database? or search for a song (quickly) over all folders?
In case I have some of the settings incorrect, I will give you the specs to my PC. Could you please respond to my problems as well as tell me what settings I should start with?
Windows XP pro (32 bit), Pentium 4 - 3.4 ghz, 2.50gb ram, (800 mhz system bus, 1mb L2 cache), ESI WaveTerminal 192L Sound card, Nvidia GeForce 7800gt dual monitor video card.
I am using PCDJ FX VRM for DJ'ing now. We like many of the search features, the way in which the user can refresh, add or rearrange folders/subfolders & the overall ease of use PCDJ. We need help with settings & fuctional problem troubleshooting to give VDJ a fair chance. If we find VDJ to be a better program, we will switch all in-house club systems as well as mobile PC's to VDJ. Thank you.

Inviato Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 2:48 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)