Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Windows Virutal Memory tool problem!!!Need HELP!!!!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

jzafraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys,

I have a labtop which I use for vdj. I use Windows XP. I have 2.4ghz and 40gb harddrive. A pentium 4. and have modified the labtop for vdj. For some reason in the last few jobs I did the labtop has pop up with a little ! point in a yellow triangle sign. When I place the mouse over it, it says, virtual memory tool minimum is low. And then it disappears. but it doesn't stop the program nor make it act funny from what I've noticed. I'm just scared of my computer crashing in middle of a job. Please if anyone has any clue what that means or what I can do, please help me.

Inviato Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 6:05 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Don't really know if this is windows pop up window. Check you computer for spam programs.

Inviato Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 9:52 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
as a certified computer geek

i can tell you this means your swap file is to small and your pc is being over tasked

go to my computer right click and press properties

then you will see a tab called advanced

now you will se a box called proformance press settings

and on this menu go to the advanced tab

and go down to virtual memory

and press change

pic custom size

and put a minum level of 1000

and a max of 2000

and press ok

you will be prompted to restart

do and the problem will be solved

Inviato Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 10:49 am
mastahkPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Inviato Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 10:57 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I had that set to 256 and never get this msg.. maybe it is this what is he talking about. but rather set booth values to same number.

Inviato Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 1:13 pm
no you musnt

the lowest is the lowest point you select

this is the smallest the pagefile is alowed to go

the max is the max it can have of disk space if you pick the same

the page file cant expand you you will get errors or poor long term proformances

Inviato Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 4:04 pm
Hey

I also use a laptop and have found this little freeware tool

http://www.yourwaresolutions.com/software.html#framxpro

It's fabulous... you have to play a little with the settings if you want max performance from it but it is a ronseal product(Does exactly what it says on the tin!!!!!!) and the default settings work great.

I have had no problems with it and it runs perfectly on my lappy together with VDJ

might be of use to ya

Inviato Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 12:10 am
also a good thing to do is to clear the startu from unnesecary software ( also the services ) just press start and then run :P just type msconfig and go to the startup thingie..I´ve disabeld all mine startups and some of the services during the boot..the result is a faster and more stabel computer :P

Think we´re two geeks ( work as a supporttechie for fujitsu siemens computers )

Inviato Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 10:02 am
Thank you guys sooo much. Today is Saturday the 18th in Miami. I hae a party to do tonight. I am going to make the changes and will definitely let you guys know whether your suggestions worked. As for the two links that you guys left, I'm sorry I'm no where as tech savy as any of you guys so my questios is, what exactly do those programs help do?

Inviato Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 9:41 pm
increase the virtual memory

Inviato Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 9:58 pm
Hey guys, just wanted to inform you that I changed the virtual memory settings like you guys said and on Saturday I played for about 6.5 hours straight and had no problems. Thnak you soooooooo much for your help. As for the links again, they help increase virtual memory? Should I download them?

I also have a new question, I have had this issue ever since I been djing. When I have no sound playing and I have my speakers on all I hear is this radio staticky sound. The moment I unplug the labtop the static goes away. I've been told that I need a POWER CONDITIONER. I was referred to FURMAN, but I honestly have no idea which to get or what specs it should have or how many AMPS or anything. So does anyone know what I should get and any suggestions on brand or quality. Thank you guys again.

Inviato Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 3:36 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)