Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BCD AND VDJ WORKING SEE HOW.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

RichbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I know im probably coming in late on this one but i hadnt seen this on the forums, apologies in advance if this has already been done.

Uninstall xylio software.
Uninstall bcd
Remove xylio from your registry
Remove bcd from your registry.
I optomized my laptop for audio, i cant find the link i used but i'm sure it started win/xpaudio. PLEASE IF SOMEONE HAS THIS LINK CAN THEY PLEASE POST IT.

Disable all internet connection through network connections.
Disable your antivirus software.

Shutdown your laptop/desk top.
Connect bcd.
Turn your computer back on.
Once your computer has reloaded turn on bcd, insert disk and follow the on screen prompts to load the software. I didnt load xylio software just bcd which gave me the control panel for the controller.
I also didnt load the update driver for bcd and still havent.

Turn computer off, turn computer on.

Load vdj, in sound set up choose HEADPHONES, then choose TWO SOUNDCARDS.
master or first sound card BCD 2000, second sound card will be your computers sound card conexant etc for your headphone mix.

Follow the tutorial from DJ Quintana for the rest of the steps and make sure you copy everything except the sound set up and keep to the above sound set up. Oh and remove the tick from over clock keep those two boxes empty.

The headphone split is still controlled by the bcd but the volume comes from the laptop.

I AM NO COMPUTER EXPERT SO EVERYTHING YOU DO IS ON YOU. THIS HAS WORKED FOR ME AND IVE DROPPED ON ACCIDENTLY BUT WITH A LOT OF HELP FROM THE BLOGS AND ME JUST TRYING DIFFERENT THINGS.

I then reactivated my antivirus and reconnected my internet connections just to see what would happen and got cracking popping and a lot of interference which i removed by sliding up the performance slidy thingy in both vdj and bcd keeping the bcd very slighter higher than vdj.

I have been on for about an hour and thirty minutes now and loading 15 to 20 minute mixes just to see what would happen and its been fine, i also connected to the internet and have had no freezes, cracks pops, nought its been great, the max load on the cpu whilst loading a song was 52% returning to 0
once decks are spinning.

This bcd has driven me mad, the above set up is not ideal but it works, just to have it working is a god damned relief, i'm sorry no photies but i wouldnt have the first idea how.
Good luck
Regards Richb.

Inviato Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 4:16 am
I forgot to add that the bcd controllers still work. Faders, headphone mix, high med low toggles and kill switches, search facility, scratch wheels, cue, play, pause, bend buttons and slider, cue, play, pause, and loops. The two outside fx buttons controlling the effects work. The two inside ones do nada and of course the mic setion doesnee work.

Hope this helps.
Regards Richb.

Inviato Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 7:47 pm
Richb

Iam trying to find the tutorial from DJ Quintana do you have a link for me

thanks

Inviato Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 3:52 am
just clip on my name and you'll get it, or click on my blog to direct link

dj quintana

Inviato Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 5:38 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Richb wrote :
Load vdj, in sound set up choose HEADPHONES, then choose TWO SOUNDCARDS.
master or first sound card BCD 2000, second sound card will be your computers sound card conexant etc for your headphone mix.

Why don't you set Sound card [ASIO]? It will point you as drivers the [BCD 2000 ASIO]. You can also load the BCD Mapper by Moramax and see how the BCD has mapped.
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2598

Enjoy the BCD-VDJ ultimate package !

Inviato Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 9:44 pm
Hi, thanks for the tip.
When i have chosen asio or bcd the system plays for 5-14 seconds and then freezes and that was with or without bcd's update. This is the only way i can get the thing working.

I am still trying to set it up so that it works fully.

Regards
Richb

p.s. Cheers for the link to the mapper.

Inviato Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 12:36 pm
Have just got my hands on hercules dj mk2, somebody heard about my pain and suffering and decided to enrich my quality of life. Cant believe how much easier the whole experience is with the hercules.

Ok it doesnt look as good but it works great and the functions are soooo easy. The sound quality is also much better, i didnt expect that. Dont get me wrong i'm not trying to kill the bcd i will keep it, its great piece of hardware, its software lets it down.

The hercules is like a breath of fresh air by comparison it all functions headphones and mic etc, i'm listening to it whilst i type this out, my antivirus is on and running, the wireless connection to the internet is fully turned up, all the usb hubs are powered and ive re engaged my dvd/cd drive.

In other words i havent had to disable my computer to use it and thats the point, these products should be out of the box ready to use for the purpose it was purchased for and not 3 weeks faffing around trying to find a solution to the problems of poor product support.

My advice to anyone who has recently purchased a bcd 2000 and are having the same kind of problems as i have experienced, dont put yourself through it box it up take it back and remove your hard earned cash from behringers fingers, its the only way they will learn, once their retailers start reporting a hoard of unsold or returned mixers it might just push them into developing the correct software for the product or making sure that the product is bomb proof before its release not after. I thank god for VDJ forums, only through the forums was i able to make any progress with the BCD.

SO SORRY FOR THE RANT, just couldn't help myself.

Go and buy the hercules put the smile back on your face.

Regards
Richb.

Inviato Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 2:02 am
I thought you have solved your bcd problem, but yes you're right I've heard that mk2 is more stable than bcd.

Inviato Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 2:17 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)