Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: You guys win. I gave up the laptop, using a shuttle for videos now - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
You're right Rick, 2 slots.
And I still have one open......

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 9:41 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Anewsome,

Dells used to be good stuff, however they outsource all there stuff now overseas, so it is made cheap. Thats why you can buy a Dell Laptop for $400.00
I am able to mix video's with my 2 year old Sony. What I recommend to anyone wanting to mix video, is when you get a new laptop, blow away the OS (Operating System for those that arent computer illiterate) and do a fresh install with just the XP pro disk. Than use the internet to get the latest drivers. Install VDJ and you are good to go. You will see your laptop only running in the low to middle 20's processes.

The shuttles are nice small form factor computers, however if you want something smaller check out the following http://www.logisysus.com/product/smallest-pc.htm I have used one of these in my 2003 Dodge Ram (got rid of stock stereo and retro fitted touch screen into dash) now I have full blown p4 3ghz computer that fits under the drivers seat. Thest computers will work great with VDJ as well. There are different setup options you could use, they also make fanless ones, so you dont have to worry about the noise coming fromt the fan to keep these babies cool.

My next mobile system I build will incorporate one of these, I will than post pics. However its ran fine for over a year in my truck we are talking extreme weather conditions from 105 to -5 degrees farenhieght.

I have used shuttles when building computers for Bank customers, however had some issues with a few of there models, and there support isnt to great.

Inviato Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 6:21 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)