Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: AutoSave Session Playlist is not working

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

themrfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have two copies of VDJ. On one computer I have it working where when I shut down the program it creates a playlist of what was played. I got this working by following some instructions that I found which directed me to change the AutoSave setting in the registry. I have recently upgraded my other computer to 4.1R2 and did the same changes yet it does not save the session. I have renamed the directory using a small p as directed in other topics but still it won't save. Is there something that I am missing?

Mrf

Inviato Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 5:16 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
1st - is the 'Playlist' Entry showing in the VDJ browser's left navigation panel as a Favorite?

2nd - If Yes, try deleting it then recreate it. The directory should be --
C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ\\Playlists

3rd - If you have to go to the extreme of editing the database XML, the Line should read --
\<FavoriteFolder Name=\"Playlists\" FolderPath=\"C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ\\Playlists\" \/\>

Inviato Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 9:47 am
First of all, Thanks for your help! I appreciated the quick reply. Now here's where I am....

Ok, there was a favorite named Playlists. Removed That, then I renamed the directory to "playlists". I then recreated the favorite. Still did not work. So I verified that the database had the correct path and everything, which by the way is not the standard, it is C:\ProMotion\VirtualDJ\playlists . I keep everything in one directory for ease of synchronizing my pc's. Still nothing in the playlists directory.

So then I went back to the registry, searched on AutoSave and set I them all to 1. But it still does not save.

Side note, when I upgraded the computer, the upgrade froze on some part having to do with installing a font or something. I had to end the session in order to run the program. It all seems to be running fine except for the autosave issue.

Should I disable Norton Internet Security, uninstall then reinstall the software and try again? Again, my other computer works but it is only on 4.1r1.

Thanks again... Mrf

Inviato Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 5:07 am
Ok, after you removed the favorite did you shut down VDJ before recreating the favorite?

1 Remove the favorite - [again]
2 Shut down VDJ
3 Go to your C:\\ProMotion\\VirtualDJ\\ folder
4 Open with notepad the VirtualDJ Database (??????).xml file
5 Select Edit -> Find and search for Playlists -- Should comeback 'Can not find Playlists'
a. if it does find one then remove the entire line from the file
I will gladly help with this if you send me your XML file (email in blog <<click my forum name
b. if you get the 'Can not find...' then continue
6 Launch VDJ again, and now browse to your C:\\ProMotion\\VirtualDJ\\ using the left browser panel using the + symbols next to Desktop >> My Computer >> etc.
7 Right click on the playlists folder and choose add to favorites
8 Close VDJ (2 save the change)
9 Go to back to your C:\\ProMotion\\VirtualDJ\\ folder and edit the VirtualDJ Database (??????).xml file

Now when you search for Playlists you should see an entry that looks like --
\<FavoriteFolder Name=\"playlists\" FolderPath="C:\\ProMotion\\VirtualDJ\\playlists\" />

Make no changes, close file, reopen VDJ and see what happens??

cstoll

Inviato Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 9:15 pm
CStoll,
Thanks for your help. It was strange, because when I followed your instructions, that day and the day before appeared. I am not sure if it was because I was working on it through midnite or what. But I tried it again and it did not create the use date + a letter like it used to. But I had a gig last weekend and when I shut down .... There it was. Thanks again for your help.

Mrf

Inviato Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 8:52 am
No problem....

Inviato Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 9:16 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)