Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need help this TCV hook up

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I think my last post got deleted because i dont have VDJ registered or something. I dont know if you can register VDJ when I bought my dads friends comp who already had it on there. Not gonna buy it again especially if it doesnt work so here. Can some one help me.

Equipment:
I have 2 gemini turntables.
American Audio QD5 mixer 2 chan
VDJ trial
2 TVC's
Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1 I/O
Xtreme Sound 5.1 I/O
Y Cable x4

I hooked up my Y cables from TT to Line IN
Then another cable from Line OUT to my mixer.
Did same but from other TT to other sound card... ex. i have left TT hooked up to the sound blaster and the line 2 mixer imput hooked into the sound blaster output.

alright im tryin all the configs and writing em down as i go

1.The Snigle TC and Single out put works with Sound blaster Sound card worked.
The Single TC config with the single speaker output it would reconigze it, i could play the music and i could move the record and the program would react to it.

2. When I open VDJ with the 2 TCV config and 2 chan mixer config the TT hooked up to the Sound blaster (same as above) it works. plays music and can react to scratchin... 100% timcode quality on "signal left"

The Right (xtreme sound card) signal has 0% timecode quality. I hit auto config and it said "No Timecode Signal Found. Please play a timecoded vinyl..." but there is one playing right now. i can hear the TCV playing the Beeeping noise with VDJ open and closed.

I've tried hella other stuff with the conifgs but it usually just messes up.

on my last thread they were asking if the second sound card had a ASIO mode.and i didnt know so heres my sound card.
http://www.diamondmm.com/XS71.php

Inviato Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 2:16 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
is it plugged into the Stereo Line Input ?

and have you tried the other deck that works on this card to check its not needles or cables?

Inviato Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 11:09 am
they're both hooked up the same. and i know its coming through cause i can hear that turn table playing the time coded beeping through my speakers. doesnt that mean its hooked up right?

Inviato Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 8:34 pm
you should not be able to hear the timecode noise out of your speakers

"If you don't have an ASIO soundcard with two stereo inputs and two stereo outputs, you can still use your timecoded vinyls with any soundcard.

Link your turntable to your computer.
For this, you will need a "RCA/mini-jack" cable.

Attach the RCA ends of this cable into the RCA ends on the cable from your turntable (use female to female connectors if needed). Then plug the mini-jack connector into the line-in input of your PC (blue socket), or in the mic input (red socket) if it's a stereo one. (NOTE: you can only use the mic input if it's STEREO)

Then, you'll have to connect the earth (ground wire) from your turntable to the earth of your PC. For this, just link the earth connector of the turntable to the PC's frame (for example by fixing the wire under a screw of the frame). Another solution would be to link the earth wire to the external metal part of one of the RCA connectors.

If you want to use two turntables (which is highly recommended), you will obviously need two turntables, but also two line-in inputs on your PC. Be aware that you CAN NOT use the line-in and the mic inputs on the same sound card.
Thus, you'll need either two sound cards (for example the chipset soundcard on your mother board, plus a PCI or USB soundcard), or a professional ASIO soundcard having several line-in inputs (but in this case we'd rather recommend that you use the low latency mode described above).

Then, install an ASIO layer of driver for your soundcard(s).
You can for example use ASIO4ALL drivers, that you can download free of charge on www.asio4all.com.

"
try the asio for all driver :)

Inviato Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 10:30 pm
oh, i have that installed and working. the ASIO for all. they're hooked up the same and since one is working the other should too right?

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 1:04 pm
yes

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 6:10 pm
its possible the seccond card is not suitable do u have another to try?

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 6:44 pm
i might have another hella old one to try. Its a sound blaster i think. so it might work.

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 10:20 pm
i might have another hella old one to try. Its a sound blaster i think. so it might work.

oh and my sound is hella bad for some reason. like it comes through really loud in VDJ so i have to turn the gain on like 1 for it to not sound as shitty but it still does.

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 10:21 pm
have u though about trying a u46dj ? card

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 10:28 pm
200 bucks!!! shizam

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 10:49 pm
my older 16 bit sound card didnt play the beeping noise but it didnt work either.

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 11:39 pm
any one esle got any ideas?

Inviato Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 11:39 pm
damn

Inviato Mon 04 Dec 06 @ 11:00 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)