Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV & U46DJ Problems!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi, just received my TCV in the mail but I have problems getting everything to work...
This is my setup:

Pioneer DJM-600 Mixer
ESI U46DJ Soundcard
HP Laptop, dual-core, 2GB RAM
ASIO4ALL drivers
2 x TCV
VDJ Trial Version (I want to try out the software before purchasing it, stability etc. so don't just answer: BY THE SOFTWARE! because it's obviuos you have to be able to try it before buying it, right?)

Questions:

1. Why do I get a beeping sound as soon as I put the needle on the spinning TCV (not in the speakers)?
2. I set the outputs on the U46 to Ch1 and 2 Line inputs on my mixer. I hooked my turntables into the inputs on the U46 and the settings on the front of the U46 is Line (that is, not phono and not mic). In VDJ I have two TCV's as inputs, a two-line external mixer as outputs and ASIO-driver (ASIO4ALL) as soundcard. Is this right?
3. When I try to do the TCV Config I get "timecode quality 0%" and no signal, why?

The setup totourials provided in the forum is just for maya44 cards, at least that's all I found, isn't there a setup guide for the U46DJ card? Also in the setup guide for the maya44 they put the turntables in the maya44 outputs and so on, it's kind of the other way around. That can't be right or am I just stupid.

It worked perfectly without TCV's, with the setup: Inputs: none, Outputs: Two-line mixer, Soundcard: ASIO (ASIO4ALL). Why the hell won't it work now?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I would be real greatful for some contructive answers and tips....

Thanks / Nicklas

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 4:56 pm
rEsKPRO InfinityMember since 2006
1. Because you must mute the monitors in the u46dj mixer (esi logo in the taskbar)
2. In front of u46dj you must select "phono" to use the built-in pre-amps. You must uninstall the asio4all, u46dj works in asio mode without emulation via software.
3.Because you have a bad configuration

The better tip can I give you? Buy virtualdj PRO ;)

Good luck

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 5:26 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
turntables ---->u46 inputs

u46 ---->outputs to the mixer

get rid of ASIO4ALL , you dont need it and it might be causing the problem

install u46 1.016 driver http://www.esiforum.com/down/install_U46DJ_v1_0_16_XP2K(060307).zip

then reboot

plug in u46 usb, turn the card ON, then wait a few seconds as the usb connects

then open vdj and configure

mute monitors in the u46 mixer, you do not have to use phono on the u46, you can select line and use the Riaa pre amp in the software. Depending on the TCV's you have(newer one's) you might have to use them without an pre amp.

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 5:31 pm
All right, now it works somewhat how I want it to work. Uninstalled the ASIO4ALL driver and used the driver you linked to and it worked. Thanks!

Still there's some minor glitches and weird sounds while playing with the TCV's but I guess that's a matter of setting things up correctly in config?

Still, one thing that's bothering me ALOT is the sound my needle makes when I put the needle on the spinning TCV, is it supposed to do that or is it a matter of me having the wrong type of needles, high- low- output level, I don't know, what needles do you guys have? Again, just to clarify, the sound (like a constant beep) is not from my speakers, it's from the needle/arm of my 1210. I know that when playing a regular vinyl and set the speaker level to zero you can still hear the "beats" and sounds from your turntable if you put your ear close enough but this REALLY BEEPS! What's up??

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 6:19 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
the .18 drivers work AMAZINGLY on my machine. and they have a much better interface than the .16 drivers.. and directwire if you use it

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 9:04 pm
micha3lHome userMember since 2006
nicklas1210 wrote :
All right, now it works somewhat how I want it to work. Uninstalled the ASIO4ALL driver and used the driver you linked to and it worked. Thanks!

Still there\'s some minor glitches and weird sounds while playing with the TCV\'s but I guess that\'s a matter of setting things up correctly in config?

Still, one thing that\'s bothering me ALOT is the sound my needle makes when I put the needle on the spinning TCV, is it supposed to do that or is it a matter of me having the wrong type of needles, high- low- output level, I don\'t know, what needles do you guys have? Again, just to clarify, the sound (like a constant beep) is not from my speakers, it\'s from the needle/arm of my 1210. I know that when playing a regular vinyl and set the speaker level to zero you can still hear the \"beats\" and sounds from your turntable if you put your ear close enough but this REALLY BEEPS! What\'s up??

MUTE THE MONITOR. The little M in drivers page at the bottom.

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 9:56 pm
I have muted the monitor, it has nothing to do with that!!! Imagining having everything turned of (U46, Laptop, Mixer, Speakers) except for your turntable. When you then put the needle on the spinning TCV that's when you hear the sound. The sound doesn't come frome the speakers!!!! It comes from the needle/arm och my turntable itself!!!

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 10:24 pm
It picks up the timecode signal then, and probably natural amp the sound in the tonearm by ressonance or something...

Can you try a different needle? less weight on the needle?

(btw, some signal will leak at the tonearm, no matter what, and tc vinyls will give a bit of a whizzle sound..)

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 10:32 pm
Ok, thanks.. That's what I wanted to know ;)

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 11:41 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
you will hear some of the tcv depending on if its version1 or 2 plus your needles so if it is not coming out your speakers dont worry

Inviato Fri 15 Dec 06 @ 5:24 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)