Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 4.1r2 and 3.4 together.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

As some of you are aware, I have both installed both on my machine.
However, when I bring up 4.1r2, sometimes I get a lot of files that have an "x" placed over them. These
x's appear after I load the first song. Really weird huh. Also, those x-songs don't play properly.
Sometimes it all goes away when I restart computer. Never seems to happen with 3.4 though.
I am running 4.1r2 plugin files in the 3.4 folder named virtualDJ. This is where the progrm searches for everything when a version is running?

Any ideas, guys?

Inviato Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 3:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think they are writing conflicting information to the database

v3.4 and 4.1r2 i belive write different info

try cstols tool for validating databases to check for errors here

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/tools.html

and try installing 4.1r2 into a differnt folder than 3.4

Inviato Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 5:07 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the X's have nothing to do with how the songs play. The X's are telling you that those track's BPM are outside the current pitch range for doing a clean beat mix. So if you put a 100bpm track on the deck and your pitch range is set to +/- 12% then everything with a BPM of above 111-112 should get the X's, same for everything below 89-88 BPM.

Again, that does not affect your playing of those tracks.

Inviato Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 5:09 pm
skyfxl wrote :
i think they are writing conflicting information to the database

v3.4 and 4.1r2 i belive write different info

try cstols tool for validating databases to check for errors here

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/tools.html

and try installing 4.1r2 into a differnt folder than 3.4

No, 3.4 and 4.x can exist in the same directory and use the same database. There is no conflicting information.

Inviato Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 5:10 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
altighty then :)

Inviato Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 5:19 pm
[quote=cstoll

No, 3.4 and 4.x can exist in the same directory and use the same database. There is no conflicting information.[/quote]

True... But they actually use their own databases.

3.4 uses the database called VirtualDJ Database.xml

While 4.x uses the database called VirtualDJ Database (your windows accont name).xml

But as said, 3.x and 4.x can be run from same directory ;)

Inviato Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 5:57 pm
norway - remember the multi-user setting? They will use the same DB if that is enabled. Because the db get's the name of the logged in user. Multi-User is a default function in 4.x and always enabled. Should have clarified that originally. And Yes if disabled then the VirtualDJ Database.xml file is used.

In either case the original question - is not impacted by the X's or the databases. The sound issue is a system problem. A visual indicator and an xml file store doesn't effect the way the sound engine or the sound card works.

Inviato Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 6:25 pm
I have both databases existing in both directories. I have both plugin folders in both direcories as well so i can't go wrong with either folder, or can I.
Not sure why, but the Xed out songs gave lousy quality music.
When I restarted the machine, then the x'es went away and songs played okay.

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 1:24 am
let's have a show of hands of those who also run hoster software on the same computer?

1) Can you get them to run together, i.e., minimize one, say hoster karaoke software, then play videos on VDJ, and go back to hoster and make it work flawlessly. If you can, would like to hear from you.

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 5:38 pm
Bryan please try to stay on topic as you have posted this elsewhere already. Have you figured out your first dilemma yet??

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 10:39 pm
what about the plug-ins directories, skins, etc for both being in the same installed directory?
Wouldn't that conflict?
and if you have installed 4.xx in a different directory (ie. Virtual DJ V4) and you went to install the plug-in's would they by default try to find the original folder for version 3.xx?

Inviato Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 11:40 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Use two different folders when you install VirtualDJ. For example: "VirtualDJ3" for VirtualDJ v3.x and "VirtualDJ4" for "VirtualDJ v4.x"
I repeat: you have to do that during the installation of VirtualDJ otherwise it won't work

=> they won't be problems of database or settings in this case

Inviato Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 1:11 pm
Does it give you a choice of where to install initially?

Inviato Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 10:15 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes with the full install you can select the folder

Inviato Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 2:03 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)