Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Serato Timecoded Vinyl & VDJ? Will it work?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I can't seem to find the Virtual DJ timecode vinyl in Los Angeles.

Does anyone know if Serato TCV will work with VDJ?

Thanks,
Trevor

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 3:55 am
i dont think it will work, sorry

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 5:04 am

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 5:05 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes the codes are totaly different

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 3:01 pm

Its not totally different ;)

In fact SSL vinyls ARE supported in VDJ... But since its made of a competitor, there are intentional limits ( pitch offset by 6%, no needle drop)

But these limitations might be removed in future versions of VDJ :)

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 7:01 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

In fact SSL vinyls ARE supported in VDJ... But since its made of a competitor, there are intentional limits ( pitch offset by 6%, no needle drop)

well i be dammed

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 7:11 pm
hi there, i have the VDJ DEMO.... i was wondering which hardware i can use with this software, and do i get an interface, through my USB port on my laptop, that goes into my mixer, could someone please show me a FULL Set up for virtual DJ,,,, thanks... or better yet, could you e-mail me at --@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry maksingh187 no email address is allowed from a demo user

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 10:08 pm
maksingh187 wrote :
hi there, i have the VDJ DEMO.... i was wondering which hardware i can use with this software, and do i get an interface, through my USB port on my laptop, that goes into my mixer, could someone please show me a FULL Set up for virtual DJ,,,, thanks... or better yet, could you e-mail me at --@--.----Moderated by Lady Cameron<i>Sorry maksingh187 no email address is allowed from a demo user</i>

please do a search of the forum for many guides and tips

and please tell us what you hope to achive?

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 10:31 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

There is nothing intentional there.. If I use SSL vinyl with the VDJ timecode plugin in djDecks I get the same 'limitations'..

So it's just the difference in the actual timecode causing this ..

Inviato Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 2:54 pm

oh?

The needle drop too ?

The 6% offset is due to the nature of them being a bit different true :)

Inviato Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 2:55 pm
The needle drop won't work because VDJ cannot read the SSL position information so you only get the velocity information (which uses a different frequency hence the 6% misalignment)

Inviato Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 2:57 pm
yeah... :)

But its intentional that VDJ doesnt;)

And next release things might be different ;) hehe.. wait and see

Inviato Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 2:58 pm
thanks for all the great help.

Inviato Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 11:42 pm
AsanalHome userMember since 2006
@paulheu/dj-in-norway:

As the vinyls seem to be almost similar, which DVS systems feels "better"? or is it more or less the same feeling?

Thanks for your honest opinions.

Inviato Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 10:16 pm
serato!!!!!! i havnt baught it yet but i have a feelin it will work, sky i am not bashing vdj, jus saying if u want total vinyl control with no dropouts, go with ssl!!!
he wanted my honeist openion sky, so i gave it to im.
i am not bashing vdj, it just doesnt work for me, thats all, maybe it will work for im, i dunno.

Inviato Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 4:04 am
come on now mate .. be fair

you havent used sll before at all so how would you know ?, there is no demo , you need to fork the full 900$ to find out .. so.. , aslo

you have a broken soundcard which you where sold seccond hand , with no warrently , it wont work with any aplication, not just vdj , so you cannot blame vdj for that....

im sorry for your problems but its hardware not software.

Inviato Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 11:15 am
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yeah, I can confirm that the original serato timecode cd with not work with vdj. I had a friend bring it, since it's 15 minutes long, and wanted to try it.
Dunno about the vinyl.

Inviato Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 11:30 am
the vinyl will work however there are purposeful limitations as mentioned by norway

Inviato Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 11:45 am
AsanalHome userMember since 2006
has anyone ever compared the vinyl feel between ssl and vdj with a good soundcard (SA2, RME RPM, EMU 1616, firebox)?

Especially as the timecode appearanrly uses the same pattern?

Inviato Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 11:33 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)