Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: bcd2000 + macbook pro

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

MehdiocPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Just wanted to help fellow djs out there....

I was able to get the bcd2000 runing on the macbook pro via bootcamp....Honestly, it is the best my setup has ever been. Finished djing a 4 hour show lastnight with no issues, crisp sound, quick reaction times, and no freezing. Bootcamp, allows you to partition the hard drive to run both Mac OS as well as windows, not at the same time of course. The funny thing is, my pc laptop is supposed to be much fast than my macbook, but its the otherway around when running windows on the mac. I have serrato and its garbage in comparision to VDJ...if you have any questions, let me know thanks

Inviato Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 12:55 am
Mehdioc wrote :

I have serrato and its garbage in comparision to VDJ...

;)

Well, are you saying you ran VDJ on the Windows platform, on a Mac computer, with the Bootcamp ?

And it worked well ? Even better than on a PC, and with BCD2000 running ?

I bet a lot here would die for more information then! ;)

Inviato Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 1:13 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
good news

Inviato Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 1:15 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
norway - I can personally confirm a very sweet performance factor of MacBook Pro + WinXP(SP2)[BC] + VDJ doing Video with WMPlayer as the decoder -- is better than my custom built box I use at the club.

I just helped a friend of my do this and I was really quite impressed? I had to give ConQuest another opportunity to say 'I told you so....!' but if VDJ runs anything near what it is now on a BC MacBook yet under the native OS of OSX - VDJ will kick the $h!t out of Serato.

cstoll

-- This is worth post 1001.

Inviato Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 2:07 am
cstoll wrote :
norway - I can personally confirm a very sweet performance factor of MacBook Pro + WinXP(SP2)[BC] + VDJ doing Video with WMPlayer as the decoder -- is better than my custom built box I use at the club.

I just helped a friend of my do this and I was really quite impressed? I had to give ConQuest another opportunity to say 'I told you so....!'

LOL!!! =)

cstoll wrote :
but if VDJ runs anything near what it is now on a BC MacBook yet under the native OS of OSX - VDJ will kick the $h!t out of Serato.

cstoll

My next "I told you so" will be when everyone realizes that running software on a better OS, Mac OS X, does make a difference. ;)

Why? because winBlows. [calm down people, just playing =P ]

Inviato Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 3:02 am
cstoll wrote :

I'm almost at 1/2 your post count whenyou wrote this cstoll.

This is #499 for me!

Inviato Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 9:28 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
and this is 5736 for me =)

Inviato Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 10:48 am
MehdiocPRO InfinityMember since 2005
just wanted to update;

Since using the MAC, my VDJ has never crashed, frooze, nor has the quality decreased. Id say, its best combination. As long as the computer's single use is for music storage and vdj, u should be ok.

Current setup:

-macbook pro 25g of music 35g of free space, duo proc, etc......insanely fast
-BCD2000 (no need for TCV, mainly play house)
-Pioneer effects 500

with this setup, u cant loose!

Inviato Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 8:22 am
mehdloc wrote :
just wanted to update;

Since using the MAC, my VDJ has never crashed, frooze, nor has the quality decreased. Id say, its best combination. As long as the computer's single use is for music storage and vdj, u should be ok.

Current setup:

-macbook pro 25g of music 35g of free space, duo proc, etc......insanely fast
-BCD2000 (no need for TCV, mainly play house)
-Pioneer effects 500

with this setup, u cant loose!

Great to hear!

Granted, the windows side probably hasn't malfunctioned on you because your limiting windows useage now to an "only as needed" basis, which unfortunately for most of us Intel Mac VDJ users at the moment means only using windows for VDJ, however THAT has always been my point. It's what I call the "walking on windows' broken glass syndrome" where you have to be cautious in order to not de-stabilize the unstable windows operating system therefore making it a typical and famously unreliable windows pc.

A typical windows user's cry for help:
"OH NO! I installed a demo version of XYZ software and now my registry needs to be cleaned to get rid of the .dll files and even though I've removed the software it still shows up in my control panel and now my applications keep crashing and I just got a Blue screen of Death...AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH"!!! =P

Unless you know what you're doing in maintaining a computer (and I know windows as well as I know Mac), which you shouldn't have to if your computers operating system isn't severely flawed like windows, then windows pc's are a nightmare for everyday, continuous, multi-purpose use because of registry, driver, hardware/software/os incompatability, security, you-name-it/whatever issues.

A LOT more VDJ users are about to find out how much better VDJ is when you run it on a much faster, stable and secure operating system like Mac OS X.

Then I shall be further crucified for pointing out the obvious that so many on these forums have denied. To them I can only offer my personal saying, "I'm not responsible for other people's lack of foresight, much less their ignorance".

The key to minimizing or eliminating the overwhelming amount of windows problems that microsoft is too incompetent to minimize or eliminate themselves, is to minimize or eliminate windows useage.

PERIOD.

There's a MUCH better way to solve windows problems, it's called getting a Mac.

But for further discussion on this matter, take it over here: =)
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/62763/General_Discussion/The_Mac_vs_PC_thread_(only_open_thread_regarding_the_topic)_____).html?highlight=mac%20vs%20pc%20thread

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 2:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)