Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 4.2r1 - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I have the new upgrade, only just started using it tonight to see what had changed, now I have found that I cannot hear the track I want to cue, the Hercules controller isn't working as it was either. I have tried changing the soundcard settings in config, no joy there, I have also noticed that the crossfader doesn't stop you from hearing "the other track" even when it is completely closed, to stop myself from hearing it through the speakers I have to physically choose (ie highlight on the screen) the other track by pushing the headphone button on Hercules. Can someone give me some help here as everything worked fine before the upgrade so I am certain that this is the reason for the problems I am experiencing.
Regards,
DJ Gigilo.

Inviato Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 11:06 pm
Config/setup/ Sound Card to HC - Output Channels ,,,Change the channels to the outputs for master and headphones…

Download the latest Mapper as well. Open in VDJ file/plug in/controller.

Inviato Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 11:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try this

go to startmenu
and go to the herc program folder press update

and check if you have the latest herc driver:)

now go back to virtual dj choose

headphone output

with the mk2 soundcard

chanels 1/2 main 3/4 headphones

now go to the proformance tab and choose "autolatency"

now hopefuly all will work again
:--)

goodluck

Inviato Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 11:12 pm
right...housten we have a problem!!!
i have looked on the "start menu" for the herc folder, it's nowhere to be seen?

Inviato Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 11:57 pm
c:/programs/VDJ/Plugin/controller

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 12:37 am
paulettecerra wrote :
c:/programs/VDJ/Plugin/controller

No, I think he's looking for the herc folder, IE to update his driver, not the mapper in the virtualdj folder.

I'd just download the latest driver from herc, and reinstall it to be sure you have the latest one.

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 1:00 am
c:/programs/Herc folder/ open folder for MK1 or MK2 . copy update drivers and open.. If your upgrading they recommend uninstalling old drivers first.

Anyone want to Buy a MK1?

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 1:48 am
i've looked in the folder you've just mentioned and for some reason there is only MKII information, have you got the web address for the herc site?

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 10:28 am

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 11:29 am
cheeeeeeeeeeerz!
i'll check it out when i get in from work!
regards.
DJ Gigilo.

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 11:37 am
thats alright if you need any more help just post it or or send me a private message.

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 12:13 pm
right, i have reinstalled the herc drivers and all is good there, i am still unable to listen to the track i want to cue though, i have noticed that the sound from the speakers gets louder when i select to listen to it (ie, when the light on the herc is selected for headphones to cue) i'm using a sound blaster 5.1 external soundcard (which worked fine before the upgrade), i am using the rear speakers as the master and the front as the headphone output, i still cannot figure out where i am going wrong or what has changed because as i said it was working perfectly...help me out!
regards.
DJ Gigilo.

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 6:21 pm
ah do you have an mp3 control or an mk2 dj console?

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 6:27 pm
Sorry... Thought you were using the HC soundcard.... Is the USB card "Sound Blast 24bit EAX Advanced HD 5.1? I have that one and was just wondering how to hook it up as well Good Luck..
Sky will help you,, he knows everything..

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 6:31 pm
hypateticaly

if you do have a 5.1 usb soundcard

and mp3 control

chose this

"inputs none"

output

headphones

soundcard

then assign a master and a prelisten channel

then on proformance choose

"autolatency"

that should get you running again :)

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 6:41 pm
Skyfxl,,

What’s your thought on sound quality between the USB SB5.1 And The MK1 Sound Card?

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 6:47 pm

pictured above

the mk1 is the first revision of the console series

it has

16 and 24-bit/48 KHz sampling, 24-bit ADC/DAC
5.1 audio channel output
Digital optical/coaxial In/Out
5.1 output with 1/8 jack (3.5mm) and cinch connectors
Stereo cinch line input
¼ jack (6.35mm) stereo microphone input
¼ jack (6.35mm) stereo headphone output

which then lead on to mp3 control and mk2

it is essentaly a 5.1 card in the controler

i belive you can have some sucess with timecode

i would recomend it if your looking for a cheap controler

but if your looking for a quality soundcard , the mk2 or a highquality 5.1+ card would be better :)

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 7:06 pm
What one would you go with?

USB card "Sound Blast 24bit EAX Advanced HD 5.1 OR MK1

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 7:18 pm
i don't have the MKI or the MKII i have the USB MP3 Controller and a 5.1 SB external soundcard, i am going to upgrade to the MKII i think cos from what i've heard everything is built in and that sounds more simple to use to me.

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 7:26 pm
i have tried everything apart from choosing 5.1 in the config, i am unable to do this as it isn't one of the options given to me, i only have 4.1 as an option. is this where things are going wrong?

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 7:36 pm
33%