Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: problems with loading tracks longer than 1 hour

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

at some places i play, the first 2 hours are dead so i have all my own mixes from old sets that i play in the dead hours. for some reason vdj will only load one of these 1 hour mixes and if i try to load another one it will freeze the software!! these tracks are fine and they work with traktor and serato! vdj even analysed them and everything!! is there something i can do to make them load quicker or not load anything but the audio? try and do this and see what kinda results you get.

second, i am trying to make my own samples with some hooks i made for myself and when i record them there really low? i tryed to turn the gain up but if u go to far it gets disorted. is there a way i can turn up the recording level in the sampler?

i have Pennsylvania going crazy about video mixing and so far i like this program!!! i have 4 other djs about to get this but they do the same thing as me and it sucks that i have to run trakor in the background to play tracks longer than 1 hour and run vdj on automix to have the sonique video on the screens!!

thanx

Inviato Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:39 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djcaraby wrote :
at some places i play, the first 2 hours are dead so i have all my own mixes from old sets that i play in the dead hours. for some reason vdj will only load one of these 1 hour mixes and if i try to load another one it will freeze the software!! these tracks are fine and they work with traktor and serato! vdj even analysed them and everything!! is there something i can do to make them load quicker or not load anything but the audio? try and do this and see what kinda results you get.

Why not try just loading about 2 hours worth of music and using the automix. I think it's cool that you have 1 or 2 hour mixes pre-set for running early - but just a suggestion on loading 2+ hours of normal track and use the automix. Also, what is your MAX LOAD set to in the config? Try setting it to 15mins, does that lock up the program?

Inviato Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 7:29 am
why not have MAX LOAD to "Always"?

Inviato Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 7:34 am
Make load - Always - This tells VDJ to always load the track - the entire track - into memory. So a 1 hour MP3 track say equals approx 70 - 80+ Mb per track into memory? That's a large amount of space to manage an maintain in 'real time' without MS Windows trying to do some type of caching, now multiply that by 2 for both decks? I know, I know - but you have 1+ Gb of RAM it should be able to handle it?

So, with 15 mins set to MAX LOAD, then anything over 15 mins in length gets buffered by VDJ and read straight from the hard drive, hence cutting down on the overhead of the system.

So, for all the video users; because I know whats coming - the audio portion of your video track is loaded into memory and the video is read from disk - that why the 70,100,150+ Mb files act like its being loaded into memory but not all of it. Also, watch your hard drive when you play a video vs an audio file - allot of hard drive access when a video is playing.

Also, on top of using the MAX LOAD at 15 mins. I would load both tracks one at a time, then hit play on the first track - don't try loading the second track while the first one is playing.

Inviato Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 7:45 am
Thanks cstoll......In normal track size, audio or video do you recommend a safe default setting to be 15 or 30mn..

I is displayed in the VDJ Guide on page 16, Mix Load, Always….
Is this wrong for default setting..

I have 2gb Ram Intel Pentium® 4 631 Processor Prescott 3.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, Socket 775, 2MB Cache ,, Does it make any defiance?

Inviato Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 8:13 am
hi sorry i haven't been back here sooner. i tryed max load, a reinstall, and everything else possible
i can load 1 two hour track now and i wait for that to be done and i'll try to load the next one and it won't load!! your right about it reading directly from the hard drive tho. i don't like auto mix cause the gains never stay matched and every now and then the pitch will shoot way up or down!!! i have everything disabled except auto gain.

Inviato Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 10:04 pm
Here try these settings in Options --

Auto Pitch-Match - Disabled
Auto Gain - Always 0dB
Auto Pitch-Reset - Enabled

Also, from your other thread - though Bagpuss recommended Max Load to Always; I would suggest the 15 Min. setting. At least give it a try, it won't hurt anything.

cstoll

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 12:14 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
For long track, i advise you 5 min for max load

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 12:49 am
Have you analyse you songs..???

I've used 1hr tracks before in deck 1 & 2 , setting Always and never had a prob..

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 1:32 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)