Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ (VS) TRAKTOR (NEED FOR FX FILTERS?)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

sarlacPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hi all, just a general topic about vdj fx and filters that i'm hoping to get some answers to.

i've been using vdj for a while now. i love the setup and the way it syncs up a treat. having been clubbing and speaking to other dj's it seems alot of club dj's are using traktor.
a while ago i bought a copy of traktor. i started using it but soon returned to vdj and wondered what why people use traktor.
since my quest for the ultimate controller it seems that alot of stuff comming on the market is geared towards traktor.
although i'm a dedicated vdj user when i do a gig i can't help being drawn to the xone 92 emulation filters on traktor.
i have tried loading various fx on vdj and assigning a midi cc to vdj fx sliders but it doesn't cut the mustard. does anyone know of a hp/lfo filter that will provide the same result (i.e resonance filter).
most dj's i have seen in london clubs often use this filter (mostly on the club's mixer) to great effect.
know that numark cue (atomix/vdj in numark clothes) has hit the market it may be that vdj may be set as the industry standard just like pioneer cdj or technics sl12's.

i could by a new mixer or external fx units but this defeats the object of laptop dj'ing.

maybe someone whose a bit clever could come up with such a filter/fx?
i'd even pay money for a good plug-in.

Inviato Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 2:14 pm
Hi,

for me the Fabfilter (VST) is a good Choice

Check out: http://www.fabfilter.com

i also use the FilterBank2 which has a lot more Features

Go here for it: http://www.tone2.com

Hope this may help you. Greetings, tEkkER

Inviato Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 5:54 pm

Use VST effects yes.. ;)

There are several houndreds of them, ranging from free good and bad ones, to real proffesional ones.

VSTs are industry standard in audio production.

Althouhg I dont think Traktor is a good dj software, it has good effects..
Native Instruments is a sound engeneer company first of all, and they even have some nice VST effects and VSTi instruments that are used widely at audio production.

Check the Virtual DJ VST forum for a wide range of good VST tips from users;)

Inviato Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 6:19 pm
i think some of the strong features of traktor are going to be industry standard at some point soon. since the advent of 3.0 and 3.2 they have probably the best recordcase plus onboard sampling (finally),plus 4 decks default (not multi instance skin) plus universal binary.......they have shot themselves in the foot with crappy support and losing the alliance w/ final scratch.......

the fancy schmancy mixer emulations are great, if you can output to an excellent system, if not the benefits are lost.

one of Traktor's weaknesses is they only play wav and mp3.....for just audio only they could be the best choice for a lot of people, but they don't do video and karaoke.They are very good at what they do , but they don't do much.......

Inviato Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 6:21 pm

Inviato Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 7:07 pm
thanks guys,
i didn't realise there were more fx options than those listed on the vdj site.
i'm d/loading these at the moment. are they usable within vdj (in the effects folders)?

also i know vdj 4x uses the 1 button to activate fx and 2&3 to scroll, but why doesn't the 1 button highlight and show an indication that the effect is active? i know you can see an effect active under the fx page but then i'm switching pages.

many thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated.

all i need to do know is re-map my kontrol dj or get another bank of buttons & faders to control the fx.

Inviato Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 8:19 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes just put them in the sound fx folders :)

Inviato Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 8:35 pm
sorted. the mr green fx is just the job, i'd even say more desireable than the x92 filter in traktor. i want to us the hp which i've set. how can i control the x&y part with a fader/s?
i've tried assigning my midi cc 1 fader to the various 'effect sliders 1,2,3,4,5 etc but the best i can do is move the part of the effect. any ideas?
i've just ordered a faderfox dj2 with x&y joystick, maybe that will be better than the kontrol dj?

Inviato Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 8:57 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hopefuly :)

let us know how u get on :)

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 12:57 am
i've managed to get a good selection of vst fiters now.
am i correct in thinking that with vdj4x only one deck can have an effect assigned, and still no indication on screen (apart from looking under the fx tab) that the effect is active?
vdj3x can have effects running on 2 decks, and the effect button on the skin is highlighted to show fx are active?

should get the faderfox this week.

Inviato Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 11:16 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
No that isn't true sarlac.

The effect button on the skin is highlighted. And you can activate as many effects that you want.

Inviato Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 11:38 pm
i've tried several skins and if i activate an effect using the '1' button the '1' button doesn't stay highlighted. i have tried the default skin which only shows an indication on the fx page. i have tried the advanced default skin and the '1' button which activates fx isn't highlighted.
apart from the obvious change in audio or looking at the fx page, when i go back to the music page there is no indication on my skin that the fx are active. am i doing something wrong? it works on 3.4 and the '1' is highlighted.

with regard to fx on both decks i hold my hands up to being a plum and not testing it. i was going round in circles with the whole vst thing, my apologies.

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 9:28 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)