Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: M Audio Fast Track Pro question re: Gain

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
okay so I have this fast track pro usb. bottom line is I need more gain so I will have some headroom on the rane 2016 mixer in both channel gain and headroom with the sliders (faders).

before I play songs live I play the first few seconds to see where the gain level is and if its too low I crank it up to where the overload light starts to flash then pull it back. doing this leaves me plenty of room with the channel sliders on the mixer.

I have in vdj config for always 0db and on the m audio box I have mix and output cranked all the way to the right! I also have the chanel gains on the Rane all the way to the right. This is still not giving me enough gain on the mixer and you can hear when songs are a bit lower.

It seems the only way to get more volume is to turn up the gain on the decks in the software each and every time.

Is there something I can do either in the software or on the m audio that will give me more gain without having to tweak it on the vdj decks everytime the volume on a trac is a lil low?

I did double click on the speaker icon to see if there was something there...for 1/2 wave I brought the level down and it did nothing. I even clicked mute and still nothing. Is this normal?

When I installed the fast track pro from the cd I followed the instructions but the windows box didn't ever show up. Ya know the box/wizard that asks if you'd like to install the drivers from cd. That box never appeared. the lil popups appeared at the bottom with found new hardware and you hardware is ready for use.

Thanks for the help guys. If I can get this gain thing straightened out I swear ill quit asking al these questons. :)

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 6:17 am

Check this :

- In the Fast Track control pannel, make sure volume is set at highest.
- Make sure you connect to LINE IN, and NOT phono in at your external mixer

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 6:01 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks Norway!

I'll check this tonight.

I'm plugging in the outputs into a patch panel that the club has set up. That prevents me for not having to mess with underneath the mixer, which I can't even get to with the way they have it set up. I know these are LINE's because its on channels 3B & 4B of the mixer whereas the turntables are on 1A & 2A.

I'll see what happens tonight and post what happens.

Inviato Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 8:01 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)