Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: new to vdj

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Okay - I've had vdj since last February, but never had the time to really try it out.

I see alot of messages flying about regarding ID3 tags. This was a HUGE disappointment for me. I use quite a few fields in the tag - year, genre, artist, title, bpm. I've got different song mixes and the only way I know which is which is by the album. 1) Any idea when this will be fully supported?

Another thing - right or wrong, my music is titled "Title - Artist.mp3", whereas most do "Artist - Title" . I just assumed that most apps would get the info from the ID3. When I first loaded vdj, the artist/title was backwards. I went in and enabled "read/write id3", and then SOME of them were backwards. 2) What's that about?

In automix mode, it jumps quite a ways into the song. I read about adding a start/end cue, but that's alot of work. This was completely inaccurate for every song I played - 3) how about an option to disable it?

Using the DAC3 - the "cue" buttons (1-10) were setting loop points, not jumping to cues. 4) How do I change that setting?

Also - hitting the big CUE button on the controller would SET a cue point, instead of going back to the last one. On both BPM Studio, and all the CD players I've ever had (all Denon, btw), hitting PLAY would set a temp cue point, then hitting Cue would take me back to it. 5) Am I missing something? How can I get that same functionality?

6) How the heck to I go back to the start of the song?

I've used BPM Studio for years now, but with their lack of development and support (though they say version 5 will be out this year, but won't say what features it will have) I'm looking for a replacement. The Search function will search the whole song library. In vdj, I had to set "recursive" on my root music folder, but when I click on it, it takes a few seconds to recurse. 7) Any thought on caching this info the first time the folder is recursed during that session?

Thanks for your thoughts/inputs. Forgive me for asking things that are probably covered elsewhere!

Tommy

Inviato Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 8:40 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 12:25 pm
to return to start press Cue 2 times fast

Inviato Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 12:27 pm
djtommye wrote :
Another thing - right or wrong, my music is titled "Title - Artist.mp3", whereas most do "Artist - Title" .

VDJ assumes Artist - Title.mp3 for file naming. There is a reverse parser plugin that you can download, which may do what you need, however I'm not sure whether this works with or has been updated for VDJ 4.2:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=124

Alternatively, enabling Read ID3 in the options should ignore the filename compeltely and read this info (If present) from the ID3 tags instead. If the file does not have Artist and/or Title set in its ID3 tags, or the file is not an MP3, VDJ will revert to using the filename, which is probably why some of your files are still named incorrectly.

djtommye wrote :
Using the DAC3 - the "cue" buttons (1-10) were setting loop points, not jumping to cues. 4) How do I change that setting? Also - hitting the big CUE button on the controller would SET a cue point, instead of going back to the last one.

Download my custom DAC-3 mapper:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2401

This will give you hotcues on buttons 1-4 and various loops on 1-6. The play/cue buttons and the jogwheel will behave similar to dual-CD players. It will also allow you to do a lot more with your DAC-3, including file browsing, effects, video mixing/effects and samples.

NOTE: Make sure you read the DAC3Mapper manual text file before using the mapper, which explains how it works.

Inviato Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 7:04 pm

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 5:51 pm
try the database updater tool its on the second page

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 5:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)