Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to fix choppy wave view in VDJ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So I set up my Gigaport Sound card last night.... In the beginning it sounded terrible, cracks and pops... I read all the forums on fixing them and came across the best video of solutions.

The info on this board is priceless...

After adjusting my visual effects for best performance, checked my background services on the processor scheduling and reduced my hardware accelerator from full to none, everything sounded great.

In VDJ config. What is the best setting for GAIN? Auto, odb or off?

Here is my new issue.

I notice the wave display that streams across the top of VDJ went from smooth all the time.... to choppy with bursts of smooth? I don't know if this effects the sound, I was playing music for a few hours last night on my loudspeakers and it did not appear to be a latency issue. Everything sounded great.

My guess is when I reduced my visual settings in XP, it did something to the visual aspect of the wave streaming in VDJ?? However, that is just a guess. Maybe its something on my laptop that needs to be tweaked?

My performance table is mostly to the left. I have auto latency on, and have safe mode and overclock checked. I have fooled around a little with the slider and did not notice any benefit in sound quality sliding it from all the way left to the middle and then back? What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

Any suggestions? Thanks. CM

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 2:55 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 3:08 pm
Choppy visualizations and graphics acceleration set to none, I think that may be your problem. Before changing it back to full.

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 4:49 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try on proformance

<fastest

and "autolatency"

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 4:51 pm
chris1974 wrote :
I have fooled around a little with the slider and did not notice any benefit in sound quality sliding it from all the way left to the middle and then back? What am I missing?

The higher performance settings are for key lock (disabled by default and has a bug if disabled and re-enabled when music is not at 0%) which keeps your music from sounding like alvin and the chipmunks when you adjust the pitch; it also affects 48khz > 44.1khz conversion.

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 4:55 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)