Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pc config...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Im just going to use this computer for virtual dj and hercules mk2... ONLY sound no video!!
Is it enough??

CPU: AMD Mobile Sempron 3500+ / 1.8 GHz
Ram: 512 MB / 4 GB (max) - DDR II SDRAM - 667 MHz
1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire)
3 x Hi-Speed USB - 4 pin USB type A
Harddrive: 60 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm

Remember only sound no video!!

Inviato Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 10:53 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
for audio only thats a good pc :)

Inviato Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 10:57 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maybe increase your memory to at least a gig though...(",)

Just to be sure.

P

Inviato Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 11:07 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
with ram the more the merrier if you can afford it :)

Inviato Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 11:12 pm
I ve been using vdj4(trial) on my P4-3ghz/1gig Ram on mk2 without much problems.Just bought a Toshiba A100 laptop (1.83 core2/ 1 gig) with my music on 320 gig external drive but cant get rid of the crackles and pops from the main deck while a song is being loaded on the other deck.Distortion is more pronounced when a song has not been previously analyzed by Vdj.Only when i set the latency to max is when i dont get any distortion.My OS is Xp ..so i believe not much can be done with the IRQ and DMA.There arent any conflicts displayed by the system. You reckon my Laptop config is not sufficient or there could be some other problem.Kindly advise,Thanks in advance.

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:31 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@XTCFlight - Check out this thread for advice on crackles and pops.

Keep spinnin'..(",)

P

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:54 am
THANKS PIO,HERES AN EXTRACT FROM THE SAME THREAD:

You may find you cannot manually change your IRQ settings (the Use automatic settings will be greyed out), this is usually related to the ACPI function used by Win XP.

To resolve conflicts with PCI or ISA cards try manually setting them in your motherboard's BIOS or try a different slot for the newly installed device, you will usually find that by changing the slot you will change the IRQ channel as well.

I WOULD NEED HELP CHANGING THE BIOS OF MY LAPTOP...COZ I DISABLED THE ACPI ON WINDOWS XP BUT WITH NO JOY WITH THE GREYED OUT AUTO SETTINGS.

ANYWAYS..I HAVENT FOUND A THREAD WHICH SAYS HOW TO DISABLE THE ACPI IN XP. IT MIGHT WORK ON A FEW COMPS.SO HERES HOW TO DO IT:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-4116-XP-wont-let-me-change-IRQ-numbers.html

GOTTA GET RID OF THIS NUISANCE.HELP ME. PEACE.

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 11:48 am
PROBLEM SOLVED! PARTY BANGIN'!
HERES HOW:
1- DO ALL THAT IT SAYS HERE http://musicxp.net/tuning_tips.php
2-VDJ PERFORMANCE SETTINGS : PRESET ONE HIGHER THAN LOWEST (FOR 1 GIG RAM COMPS)
: LATENCY - AUTO
: OVERCLOCK CHECKED FOR LAPTOPS (TRY UNCHECKING ASWELL)
: SAFE MODE - UNCHECK (IMPORTANT)
: SCRATCH FILTER SMOOTH FOR BETTER SCRATCHES
3- RIGHT CLICK ON VIRTUAL DJ EXECUTABLE AND UNDER THE COMPATIBILTY TAB CHECK RUN FOR COMPATIBILTY WITH WINDOWS2000 AND TURN OFF ADVANCED TEXTSRVICES.
4-GETTING SOME MORE RAM IS NEVER A BAD IDEA.

HOPE IT HELPS ALL AILING XP USERS. PEACE!!

Inviato Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 10:22 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)