Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Locating USB Port By IRQ #

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm looking to move my setup back to my Vaio Desktop PC, haven't installed any of the hardware/ software yet, need to upgrade the memory first (only 512 right now). This is of course to find a way around the IRQ sharing on my laptop. Anyway, I was looking at the IRQ assignments under msinfo32 and noticed that # 23 is all by itself. How can I determine which USB ports on the PC are connected at #23?

Here is the Vaio IRQ

And the assignments on my laptop

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 10:26 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sounds like its all on one cardbus straight into pci so it will all be on one irq

not sure you can use the irq sorry

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 10:47 pm

Look again Timmy ;)

Your usb at the desktop are listed

IRQ16, IRQ18, IRQ19

Intel USB Universal Host Controller

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:12 pm
wow missed that 2 lol how embarising =)

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:17 pm
Ok, how do I tell which ports are on which IRQ? 18 looks safe since I'm not using the firewire;^]

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:43 pm

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:48 pm
So the USB still shares regardless of the #'s? Ok, since the only device that share the same IRQ with my USB is my graphics, should that not pose a big problem once I upgrade my memory? I've got a few USB devices that need to be run (u46dj, mk2 & radium 49 all run on AC adapters), and I believe my graphics is AGP;^]

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:26 am

Windows XP has an engine made to cope with IRQ sharing, so it might not pose a problem at all.

Upgrading memory has nothing to do with IRQs ;)

You graphic card does share IRQ with ONE of your USB ports, and that might give you "drop outs" in sound, if soundcard is on that particular port, when video mixing in VDJ (theoretically)

But you can always switch the soundcard to a different port IF you should encounter such a problem.

But as said, if you dont have a particular issue, dont worry about IRQs ;)

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:31 am
Ok, I'm just still shaky after the problems on my laptop. I brought up the memory because I figure the TCV usage would eat alot of it. I have a total of seven USB ports on the Vaio, so if just finding the right one is the trick than it should be good. I'll give it a practice run before I upgrade the memory then as soon as I get it moved & have all the drivers/ software installed. I really hope this can fix my problems, I'm dying to climb my way into work but this mess on my laptop just makes it impossible. *fingers crossed*

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:45 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)