Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ hang at last show

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

At my last show, towards the end of the night, I had to close and reopen VDJ. Basically, I couldn't alt-tab to the desktop and if I got to the desktop, I couldn't do anything. I thought it might be a mouse/keyboard issue, or even my DAC3 that had been acting up.

Today, I loaded VDJ and it did something REALLY weird, it went right to full screen (1600x1024 - not the native resolution I use during a show) and I had to minimize VDJ to get access back to my desk top.

I've been reading around and I got the link for the Virtual DJ remove, I think I need to do a fresh install. I copied my VirtualDJ Database.xml over to another folder, but noticed that there were TWO of these databases: "VirtualDJ Database (DJ4800).xml" and "VirtualDJ Database.xml" The former being the current and the latter being about 6 months old.

Should I do a full remove and install?

I'm having other troubles as well, when I take a vob file of any size, it takes so long to load.

I have:
AMD 64x2 4800+ Dual Core
2Gigs of Ram
NVidia 7800 GTX
Windows XP running limited services

I've noticed lately these short skips in videos. I don't know what's causing them, I do a virus scan every morning between 5 AM and 8 AM.

I'd like to set up two users, one for my home use and one for show use that closes everything and only has running those settings I want.

Lastly, I need to request the current full install file.

EDIT: Sorry, I found my 4.0, 4.1, 4.2r1 files I thought I lost them... I'll use those.

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 10:46 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 11:01 pm
I actually printed that out to compare to what I had already done... Personally, I feel my PC is fast enough to HANDLE what is thrown at it, especially the Vobs...

What I was particularly interested in with what you posted there was the replacing of explorer with VDJ... but I want to do that on another user and keep my main user unaffected.

Basically, I want the PC to boot and ask, "PCGUMSHOE" or "DJ" and if I pick the latter, all the saved settings would be set including virtualdj as the default shell!

Most the teaks (and a few others) I've already done, this is something that has shown up in the past two weeks or so... I'm leaning towards something odd happening on my end. With VISTA looming, maybe it is an omen!

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 11:07 pm
Yes, these are the basic problems I've been having as well.

Inviato Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 5:44 pm
I too want to do the same as PCGUMSHOE using 2 logins, can that be done, or do I need 2 OSs??

Inviato Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 12:11 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)