Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: need a new laptop MAC OR PC

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

im confused and dont know what to get to run VDJ4

should it be MAC or PC????

what is better

Inviato Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 5:29 pm
i'll let conquest handle that question.

Inviato Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 7:37 pm
How much do you wanna spend ?$$$$.00

Get a lap top with Intel core 2 duo , Good processor and 2 Gb o more in memory Ram if using ur lap top just 4 Audio

Inviato Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 7:48 pm
Hold out for a month or two if your can. Then get a MAC. Hopefully by that time VDJ for MAC will be out as well as Leopard (MAC OS X.5) and possibly a new generation of MAC Book PRO's. Thats what I'm waiting on.

Inviato Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 8:36 pm
need laptop to run videos.

Inviato Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 10:49 pm
I would be very very cautious about a laptop and trying to run videos. There are a number of us who just can't seem to make the two work. If you do go ahead, I really would suggest some kind of really expensive ext. video card (if that is available). Or you may find yourself in a jam a lot, as AI did.

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 3:00 am
I would not recommend a laptop for spinning videos.

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 3:16 am
Really...You guys don't think a Lappy will be enough to do videos? You got me worried...Im bout to invest quite a few bucks on a new Lappy and a new Midi Mixer.

:: anewsome :: I know your a MAC user and seen you around the Serato Forums here and there. What about the highest end MACBBOOK PRO? Do you think it will be strong enough when the MAC version of VDJ drops. I know its hard to tell cause its "speculation" about specs, but would you anticipate it?

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 5:17 am
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
Really...You guys don't think a Lappy will be enough to do videos? You got me worried...Im bout to invest quite a few bucks on a new Lappy and a new Midi Mixer.

:: anewsome :: I know your a MAC user and seen you around the Serato Forums here and there. What about the highest end MACBBOOK PRO? Do you think it will be strong enough when the MAC version of VDJ drops. I know its hard to tell cause its "speculation" about specs, but would you anticipate it?

the most powerful macbook pro will be able o mix videos just fine. my core 2 duo dell laptop with 1GB of ram actually mixes videos pretty good but for the cost vs. performance i'm just sour on laptops these days. i'm currently mixing videos with my little shuttle computer, which costs about the same as my laptop but has so much more performance, it's crazy.

i still use my laptop for spinning audio only. that's not changing anytime soon but for videos, the extra power is not only welcome, it's needed for "smooth" video mixing.

i also struggle with not being able to fit my video collection on the laptop. i actually started prepping my laptop to spin videos the other night but i was wrestling with which songs to not put on the hard drive. i wrestled so much that eventually said, just screw it. i'll take the shuttle.

when mac version drops though, i'm switching to imac on mac os x.

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 5:28 am
Only bad thing about a new mbp and i also think the imacs, is that they don't have s-video/composite video out. You'll have to rely on using the dvi/vga out, which might not hook up to the clubs plasma/projectors. For the same amount of money or actually, much less, you can get a very high end Dell and a higher end video card that will have dvi/vga and s-video/composite outputs.

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 7:25 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if you are going to get a mac be sure to get a mac pro or a mac book pro

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 2:42 pm
D-Twizzle wrote :
Only bad thing about a new mbp and i also think the imacs, is that they don't have s-video/composite video out. You'll have to rely on using the dvi/vga out, which might not hook up to the clubs plasma/projectors. For the same amount of money or actually, much less, you can get a very high end Dell and a higher end video card that will have dvi/vga and s-video/composite outputs.

The mini DVI output on ALL macs works fine for TV out. You just need one of these:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=M9319G/A

It'll give you a S-Video and Composite output. Works perfect.

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 6:54 pm
anewsome wrote :
i'll let conquest handle that question.

Mac.

Poke around the new Mac Forums on this site and see what recent windows to Mac switchers (and the ones that are already planning to switch) are saying about they're recent switch, and why Mac users don't ever go back to windows unless absolutely necessary. But that's not problem since EVERY Intel based Mac now runs 100% natively IF you have a need to.

A Mac is a 2 in 1 computer IF you need windows. How can you lose? =)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 10:37 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just curious... have you tried the new vista anewsome? From what I have gathered the video engine has improved heaps from xp and you don't seem to need such a high end graphics card to get excellent results. I've only tested it upto a period of an hour and it runs perfect.

I need to do a full 5hr test on it at least to be positive about the video.

I'm also interested in a mac (so called reliability etc) also but we'll see how this vista thing goes...

Inviato Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 1:07 am
l_rids wrote :
I'm also interested in a mac (so called reliability etc) also but we'll see how this vista thing goes...

Not to be rude "l-rids", as I know that yuo directed your question to anewsome, but vista is still registry based and still uses .dll files, therfore all of the same "my registry is messed up" and my "windows pc performance is so slow" issues will still be prevalent.

vista is NOT a revamped from the ground up OS like Mac OS X is compared to any Mac OS before it.

Don't let the fact that it wants to look and act like Mac OS X fool you into thinking that is anywhere near as good as Mac OS X.

vista is just windows xp sp3 with an ungodly pricing scheme. The most innovative part of it reportedly are microsoft's new licensing terms and conditions which so many are so pleased with. =O

With a Mac, regardless, of which one, you get ONE OS that works reliably in ANY computing environment, whether it's for simple multi-media home use, more complex Unix terminal command use, or cross platform network environment use.

Inviato Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 1:55 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)