Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Samples Not Loud Enough

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am using v4.2r1 and am having an issue with the sound level of the samples that I record. It is barely audible over the music. I tried moving the volume slider switch all the way up, but it didn't help. Also, how can I control with channel gets which sample? I am using a Maya 44usb. thanks.

Inviato Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 12:58 am
If your sound card only has 2 stereo outputs, the sample comes out of either player. If you use the full video skin, you can pick the player. If you have the same sample loaded in both players, but use the sample bank to activate, it will come out of both players. I have a sound card with 3 stereo outputs, and have the samples use that output. This way I can control the volume. I am also using an external mixer. If you have a on board sound card, you can use it for the samples.

Inviato Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 10:58 am
Yes, the Maya only has 2 stereo outputs, but the thing is this. In VDJ 3.xx, I used the same sound card and the samples sounded much better. I guess the 3 stereo outputs would be a consideration. Which card do you have? It looks like the Delta 66 has 4 stereo outputs. I would just have to work around the M-Audio/Windows XP MCE issues.

While on the subject of samples, why is is that sometimes it's synchronized with a song and other times it isn't?

Inviato Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 11:50 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
would be cool to have a higher level of gain for samples :)

Inviato Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 9:56 pm
I'm using the waveterminal 192L. Do you have an onboard sound card? You really need to be able to control the volume of the sample, with it's own output. What do you mean by this; "I would just have to work around the M-Audio/Windows XP MCE issues." I was thinking about this card for my new machine, so what info can you give me about it.

Inviato Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 6:00 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
I'm using the waveterminal 192L. Do you have an onboard sound card? You really need to be able to control the volume of the sample, with it's own output. What do you mean by this; "I would just have to work around the M-Audio/Windows XP MCE issues." I was thinking about this card for my new machine, so what info can you give me about it.

Yes, I do have an onboard sound card. As far as the M-Audio/Windows XP MCE issues, I was referring to some posts that I read here where M-Audio devices and/or drivers do not play nice with Media Center Edition flavor of Win XP. Consider this post:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/59673/Hardware_Technical_Support/M-Audio_Windows_MCE_work_around.html?highlight=delta%2044

Do you like your waveterminal 192L?

Inviato Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 10:08 am
djbiggaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
skyfxl wrote :
would be cool to have a higher level of gain for samples :)

I use the BCD200 and have the same problem, I just turn the gain down on both decks and turn the overall volume up. Brings the samples out nice n bright.

:-)

Inviato Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 5:15 pm

Samples are recorded with gain info..

So when you make the samples, make sure the gain is set to always zero in VDJ, to make the volume levels of the samples good ;)

The gain you used when making the samples, are saved with the sample...

Inviato Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 5:20 pm
Problem with that is none of my samples are recorded in VDJ.

Inviato Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 5:25 pm

That is a problem...

VDJ does not have auto gain for samples, so its played at the level they are at.

But auto gain for samples is a feature that will be added soon

Inviato Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 5:34 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

That is a problem...

VDJ does not have auto gain for samples, so its played at the level they are at.

But auto gain for samples is a feature that will be added soon

Excellent! VDJ goes from strength

Inviato Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 5:38 pm
Don't use MCE, so that is not an issue. I love the 192L, and am disappointed that it is no longer available. This is why I am looking at the Delta. If you are using an external mixer, assign your samples to the on board sound card.

Inviato Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 3:54 am
OK, I hate to seem out of it, but where can I assign the samples? I choose Maya as my sound card and I see options for the decks. I have Ch 1/2 going left and channel 3/4 going right. Where do I go to assign the samples?

Inviato Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 5:12 am
Config>sound setup>outputs select 3 line mixer, in sound card select ASIO, in the output channel pulldown, you should have an option for chan 1&2 left deck, 3&4 right deck, and 5&6 for samples. It may be hard to see, because the window is so small. Of course you need to plug a cable into that soundcard.

Inviato Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 6:24 am
In the sound card setup, I had to choose 3 line mixer and 2 sound cards (4.1 + 1). I tried choosing ASIO, but after assigning the channels, I got an error telling me that there was an error in the ASIO driver. Not enough channels.

Inviato Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 1:24 am
BTW, I had a cable in the soundcard at the time that I tried to configure VDJ.

Inviato Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 1:37 am
jmdfayeHome userMember since 2006
Excuse me, how can me creat a sample song buy VIRTUAL DJ ?

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 12:40 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
jmdfaye wrote :
Excuse me, how can me creat a sample song buy VIRTUAL DJ ?

on virtual dj 4

on the main skin on the loop sampler on the dec you want to sample press "record"

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 1:09 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Going back to the auto gain for samples thing, I agree that this would be a useful feature. What would also be VERY useful is if the slider level for the sample were saved inside the sample file. For example, I have 12 samples in the sample bank, and have tweaked the levels of each. If I go into the sample manager, and load a different page of 12 samples, the slider levels need to be re-set, as they are still set up for the previous set of samples.... Just a thought... :-)

Inviato Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 2:37 pm
You'll find in 2 channel mode, the samples are played at 50% on both players channels, EG 50% on player a, and 50% on player B = 100%.

IE if you push the faders for both payer a and b up on your mixer, your samples will play at the correct volume! (Or get a 7.1 channel sound card!)

Inviato Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 1:59 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)