Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I give up

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I am litterally tired of racking my brain on hooking up my MK2 and Numark DXM-09 external mixer. It only records the song on Deck A. When I am transitioning from Deck A to B, I can hear the songs from the desktop speakers. But it does not record the way I hear it. I have a 5.1 sound card in the back of my computer and I also bought a PreSonus Inspire 1394 sound card ($200). Man, I was adding the dollar amout to all the compontents that I bought and the wires, I could have had a nice setup with two tt's and my Numark, also some tcv's. I am sick of it and I just want to throw it all out the window.

Syberman

Inviato Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 3:58 am

So you are saying it plays good at the external mixer, where you mix, and your recording of the mix in VDJ does not match?

Well the answer is simple, you mix at external mixer.. and not in VDJ.
So no crossfader moves are done in software (therefor the record will be of both decks, without any crossfade).

To record your real mix, you need to connect a cable from your external mixers main output, to a PC or other device, that can record the mix

Inviato Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 9:54 am
I have connected my master output from my Numark and connected the other end to the sound card in the back of my pc. I have a cable that is rca on one end and a mini-jack on the other end. I still cannot get it to work. Your saying use another software to mix, but which one and why? There are other users of VDJ that are using a MK2 and external mixer and having the results that they want. Also, I bought the Presonus 1394, how do I use that? Or, is there even a need for it?

Syberman

Inviato Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 11:12 am
I connected the wire to the line in on the back of my sound card.

Syberman

Inviato Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 11:13 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes that is true about the MK2 - because it is a MIDI controller and they are controlling the crossfader of VDJ. You need to treat everything like VDJ is two CD Players and no you can not route your Mixer back into the computer and use VDJ to Record. You would need to use something like Audacity [ http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ] to record your input.

Inviato Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 2:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)