Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC-2 On Again Off Again Trick

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Lately,my dac-2 has been acting up a bit. I'll fire up VDJ and the dac-2 will initialize and be ready to go. Another time, I'll fire up vdj and the dac-2 will not play nice. I never remove the dac-2's cable from it's usb port on my computer and I don't change the remote control setting. Last night, I had to restart vdj 4 times before it finally saw the dac-2. Anyone know what I should be looking at? Thanks.

Inviato Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 11:01 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Anyone? HELLO HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! lol

Inviato Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 10:38 am
Hello!

If you never remove the cable from the usb port it may have developed some corrosion on the connector. Try unplugging it, and plugging it back in a few times. Failing that, try a new cable. If that does not work you may need a new usb socket on the dac (Or the pc for that matter, try another one on the pc too). You may be able to buy a cheap usb hub, you can unsolder the connector from, and resolder it to the dac.

If you cannot find one that fits (Try jaycar or tandy ect) you may have to hardwire a cable to the dac by removing the old one, cutting the end off a suitable USB cable and resoldering it directly to the board. If you don't know what pis are what, plug a standard cable into the now removed socket, put a meter to the end of the cable, and note down what pins on the cable, connect to what pins on the socket. then solder the matching wires of your new "Cable" to the circuit board, again using the meter, so the pins on the end of the cable, now connect to the same pins they used to connect to.

Hope this helps.

Inviato Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 7:42 am
I had a problem with my dac2 this week just after I installed a new motherboard/processor/ram.

Like you I rarely took the dac2 out of the rack and NEVER unplugged it, But I welded a steel frame instead of using a rackbox this time and when I finally zip-tied the cables I went to fire up the dac2 and the lights would flash and that's it - nothing further.

Long story short - the positive (+) part of the printed circutboard that the power conector plugs into had actully separated from the rest of the board, no compleate circut, no dac2. To make matters worse the circut was arcing (sparking) across the break sending a 12v voltage spike across the fuse and into the mainboard of the dac unit

I repaired this by separating a 1/2inch length of speaker wire, separating the strands into half (aprox) twisting what remained into a single conductor again, and tinning the whole wire with solder.

Tinning - pre soldering/coating the strands of the copper wire to each other

Next I took the tinned wire and soldered it directly to the positive post on the connector, and to the corresponding leg of the fuseholder (this ensures the fuse is still protecting the circut)

Just because I felt like being extra carefull I changed the 0.5A/120V fuse with a new one.

One thing I did discover with this whole fiasco is that the DAC2 will not initallize with only the power cord adapter. It needs to see both the 5v from the USB cable and the 12V from the power supply before it will initallize

If you have dielectric grease (any auto repair store) coat your contacts LIGHTLY with dielectric grease - this will prevent any more moisture from getting in and causing corrosion.

And Remember

"If the Ladies don't find you Handsome; They should at least find you Handy...
Keep your stick on the Ice"

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Inviato Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 7:07 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)