Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV setup help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I need some serious help! I am a vinyl dj and former traktor user and I saw a friend of mine using virtualdj with tcv cd's and was really impressed. He let me use the program so that I can try it out and see if he could convert me and I have to say I am sold. The interface is very intuitive and easy to use, only I miss the control of the turntable. I purchased tcv vinyls and I am attempting to set it up and am running into trouble. I have trued out many other dj softwares in the past and so far I like the functtions and interface on Virtualdj most, not to mention all the available effects, skins, etc available once I get registered, so I want to purchase my own copy as soon as I know this will work with my current equipment. Here is my setup.

XP Pro
VirtualDJ Version 4
AMD Barton 2600+ CPU
1gb Ram
2 x 80gb HD Striped Raid array
1 250gb HD for media
ESI MAYA 44 4 IN 4 OUT Soundcard (see link below for details)
http://www.djdeals.com/egosystemsMAYA44.htm

Behringer DJX700 Mixer
Vestax PDX-2000 tt's
Shure M44-7 Carts

I have connected each turntable to an RCA splitter, then with one set of rca's to the mixer phone (so I can still play vinyl) and the other to the inputs on my soundcard (using RCA to 1/4 stereo cable), then from the outputs of my soudcard back to the line input on the mixer.

I have tested using the monitor function of my soundcard that I am getting a signal from the TT.

When using the ASIO driver from the maufacturer, I get an error in ASIO driver, exiting the program and when I click auto config. There is no audio, or response in the application from the turntable.

I downloaded ASIO4ALL, with that setup I get different results. The left turntable starts spinning slowly backwards wehter the needle is on the record or not, load a track to the player, press play and it picks up but sounds like its dragging accross the record. Put the needle on the record it goes forward, plays the audio very distorted.
The right turntable will not play at all. The record spins in the application when you put the needle on the record, but the arm never moves over to the record and nothing happens if you press play.

I have waveforms under timecode config, but the two are rather different and the left turntable the red and green waves are eratic. Also I recive the no timecode signal fouund when I click the auto-config button.

What am I doing wrong? I read on this forum that this was a good card to use, so I think I have what I need. I could only find setup instructions for the MAYA 44 USB, but I'm pretty sure its right as I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting a few times with the same results. Please help! I would prefer not to have to buy another soundcard. I also have a Audigy 2 Platinum EX, an Audigy2 Value, and a few basic SB16 cards that I can try also. Thanks in advance.

-beatfreak

Inviato Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 1:28 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
heya go to options and go to "proformances "

choose "fastest"

latency "auto"

untick overclock and safemode

Inviato Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 1:31 am
Thanks for your help. That fixed my problem with the right deck, but still the left deck still plays like its dragging accross the record...I switched around inputs and outputs to the soundcard and just reversed the turntable that was working....not working. Also the audio sounds really garbled and seems to be playing at a slower rate. Also I still get the no timecode signal when click auto config...what am I going wrong here? Thanks again.

Inviato Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 4:42 am
the demo version I believe only enables 1 TCV to give an idea of how it works. At least this is how it was handled back in 3.0

if you want to use both decks you would require the full registered version of Virtual DJ.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 5:19 pm
the demo now is fully featured for 20 days

with your maya is it hooked up in a similar way to this :)

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 6:43 pm
Version I got from my firend was 4.0...downloaded / installed 4.2...checked and rechecked all connections...no difference at first

I got both decks responding to the tcv's. The left deck was connected to the 1st input of the soundcard which is mic/line .... looked like I was only geting a mon signal (only one side of the colume meter waws moving) switched to mic and now I get both sides. Only still when I perform auto config. I get the same no timecode signal found, though I can see the waveforms. I played around with the gain / silence slide bars to the best audio quality, but quality is horrible. the left deck plays the track at a lower bpm and is garbled...it's really apparent when you clck the tc button on and off you can hear the audio slow down on that track....the right deck is not as bad...plays at a seemingly normal rate, but audio quality is poor.

Thanks again for all your help and the quick response...trial ends 19 days....hope we can figure it out in that time!

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 10:47 pm
I switched from 33 rpm to 45rpm and the quality greatly improved...only problem now is that the left deck plays slower, still garbled but much better than before

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 10:56 pm
can you confirm you have autolatency how much % timecode singal do you have?

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 11:02 pm
Yes I double checked for autolatency...Timecode quality says 0% though I can see full waveforms there. Also noticed that with TC active on both decks, if I stop the record on the right deck...the audio played on the left deck skips until i release the record on the right

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 11:08 pm
how big are the waveforms ? very , small?

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 11:36 pm

Inviato Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 1:12 am
I don't know if this will help, but I noticed that I can hear the garbled sound whether or not the needle is on the record, if the volume us up real loud.....I'm begginning to get discouraged herre....is setup supposed to be this complicated???

Inviato Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 2:06 am
I got it working!!!! And to be honest I don't even know what was wrong....I've just played around with all of the settings and both decks are responding now with normal audio quality.

However I noticed another prolem and I'm not sure if this was there before or not and I didn't notice, but on the lfet deck now when the record is playing, and I reverse the record by hand it goes forward in the software. Wheter I push the record forward or backwards, it still tracks forward in the software. The right deck is fine.

This whole thing has been such a nightmare that I am almost willing to just deal with that problem as I'm affraid to touch anything now that it works for the most part. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

-beatfreak

Inviato Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 4:16 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)