Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 2 Questions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi guys, thanks to everyone who gave me laptop advice. Got a new one and just waiting for it to be delivered, then i will be able to buy and download VDJ rather than use my trial version :)

I have 2 further questions. My laptop is coming with Vista installed on it. Id VDJ going to work ok on it?

Secondly, i wanted to get a maya 44 usb soundcard. It appears from the website they don't make these anymore. Thats not a problem as i'm happy to get a second hand one, but am i going to be able to get the drivers to use it in Vista?

Answers on a postcard to . . . . . second thoughts, answers here will be fine :)

Thanks all,

Gary

Inviato Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 3:31 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
vdj works on vista

the maya wont have drivers made for vista to my understanding

Inviato Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 3:51 pm
Right, thanks for the info.

Is there anything similar to the maya that will have drivers for vista?

I don't want this Hercules thing, but i do want something that is suitable for TCV.

Any suggestions?

Inviato Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 4:01 pm
numark virtual vinyl :)

Inviato Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 4:04 pm
Cool, i will go and have a look.

Does that work with the time coded cds too?

Is the sound quality good?

Ps, thanks for the help with the laptop choice skyfxl :) I should get it Monday :) :)

Inviato Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 4:06 pm
Ok, so i've just had a look.

It seems Virtual Vinyl includes the sofware too so i don't buy and download VDJ, i get Virtual Vinyl instead right?

Will all the VDJ plug ins, skins etc be 100% compatibale?

Can you just buy the sound card from Virtual Vinyl and download VDJ, or will it only be available as a package, ie software and hardware?

Any idea when it will be released? The two sites i have looked at only say pre order or coming soon.

Cheers

Inviato Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 4:15 pm
Oh, and is there any reason why i shouldn't buy Virtual Vinyl from America, as it seems to be about £200 cheaper with the exchange rate compared to what i'm seeing on the UK websites?

G

Inviato Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 4:48 pm
its all the same software so its all compatable :)

all the skins are the same

i think they have different power adaptors

Inviato Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 5:53 pm
So does that mean i will be able to register my product code for Virtual Vinyl on this site and use these forums as well?

Also, has anyone on here got Virtual Vinyl yet? I'd be interested in finding out what type of power input / adapter it uses. Being over £200 cheaper in America, i'm sure i could source a suitable power source for less than £200!

I'm sure i could order an original European power supply from Numark for less too!

I just wanted to know if the power transformer is built into the soundcard unit, or if its external, ie the voltage is changed before it goes ijnto the unit, or does it work off mains voltage?

Does anyone know? :)

Gary

Inviato Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 12:48 pm
yes you can register your serial here:)

Inviato Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 1:14 pm
I Brought a echo DJ i/o on a pcmcia card BELIVE me for the money it works like a dream and there is drivers for vista to... check it out....

PS And its small enough to fit in your back pocket....

Inviato Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 2:47 pm
Just had a look, and granted, its very small!

So does it have the necessary inputs for TCV?

Inviato Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 3:07 pm
By the way, if anyone is interested in Virtual Vinyl, i did write to Numark asking why the price is so much more in the UK than the US. Obviously the exchange rate is the main reason. I'm still not sure about the power input though. I can't even find out if it has a dedicated power supply, maybe its usb powered??
Anywhere, below is Numarks response for anyone interested :)

Hi,

the difference in price is not always as big as what it first seems.

Firstly in America they operate a totally different system where manufacturers can tell retailers what to sell for, it's called M.A.P. so this is not a retail price but rather the lowest street price which is defined at a products birth. We tend to have things that sell at list and then migrate down to a lower price.

This product is not out yet so maybe when it is out perhaps it will be considerably less that the £449 MRSP being quoted now?

Also, one has to take into consideration the exchange rate - not the one at the end of the news for business types but the tourist rates, plus the credit charge version of that is much much lower still. Putting aside the power supply issues you would have to add in freight and duty which can be a lot, plus hassle of finding the forms.

Additionally the cost of product do vary to do with how much marketing a manufacturer/distributor plans to do.

Obviously historically the dollar is very weak against the pound right now so the normal price difference (have a look at cars!) is exacerbated.

The good news is that they should be here within a month and looks and feels very impressive.

regards

Inviato Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 3:13 pm
Errr as far as i know there are 2 types.. ! that only has 2 outputs and another that has 1 stereo input and 1 stereo output. You might want to check echos web site for more info.. I must add that i use these cards when i play out and i cant fault em at all...!

www.echoaudio.com

Inviato Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 3:16 pm
GaryBr wrote :
Just had a look, and granted, its very small!

So does it have the necessary inputs for TCV?

no its a simple card only

Inviato Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 6:43 pm
Dont think it does to be honest.. I use it with a midi controller. NOT with TCV...

Inviato Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 7:11 pm
I've just read that the Virtual Vinyl hardware is bus powered, so i guess it won't have a power supply and therefor buying it cheaper from America does not pose as many possible problems as i first thought

Inviato Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 7:07 pm
excelent , quick holiday to the usa it is then!

Inviato Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 10:42 pm
lol, i very much doubt it.

By the way, i did a gig last night using the new laptop you gave me advice on, using the trial version with Vista. A few small hiccups, but generally everything was ok.
I will post tomorrow with my Vista experiences as i think at this stage, all info is valuable.

Where can you get cheap flights to the US? :)

www.djgarybrown.co.uk

Inviato Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 5:08 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)