Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Multipal Search Databases

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey I wonder If anyone can help me? I just started using VDJ. Converted from PCDJ and So Far I love It. However I would like to know if there is any way I can create more than 1 local search database i.e. one for videos, one for karaoke, and one for audio music? Please help! Thanks everyone!

Inviato Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 7:23 pm
place your video files in the video file that comes stock in the folders browser marked as favorites

do the same for your karaoke files and for music.

or place the files in a folder of you chosing and find it in the browser section and mark it as a favorite and then it'll always be available.

Inviato Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 7:27 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
virtual folders could do this very easily. just recurse each drive or folder then add all the files to a playlist, then save the playlist as a virtual folder. You could have one for karaoke, audio, video

Inviato Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 7:32 pm
Thanks, I will try this, however my one concern is that I have I videos and music in multiple sub folders and I do not want to have to open each subfolder to find a song. If I create a virtual folder or a faviorate folder will I still be albe to keep my music organized in my subfolders and still be able to do a global search on the entire directory structure? Because I have tried this with my Karaoke folder and find that I have to open the subfolders to search my songs? Thanks again

Inviato Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 7:41 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
you can set a drive as a favorite, then the subfolder structure will stay the same. Recurse this folder then add the contents to the playlist to make a virtual folder, so you have the best of both worlds, use the virtual folders like mini databases. Don't forget to turn recurse off after you make the virtual folders.

Inviato Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 8:06 pm
Thank you works great! I appricate all your help!

Inviato Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 8:29 pm
You could also try using the DJJB skin, it wont seperate them, but the icons next to the songs are clear as day so you would know which song is what ie K=Karaoke.

Inviato Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 9:48 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)