Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Headphone Volume - Plz HeLp!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

chrixxyHome userMember since 2007
Hey peeps,

I'm having a big problem with my headphone volume. Although it is set to max on the virtual dj software and aslo on windows etc, it is not loud enough! it's barely audible! My head phones are vivanco over ear dj type, so the problem is not with them.

I have noticed when adjusting properties in the windows volume controls and using the sound cards AC97 configuration software that the head phones are coming up as the rear speaker. Is this how it should be? or the cause of my problem maybe? Your help greatly appreciated, Pretty Please!

Chrixxy

Inviato Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 7:36 pm
Oh and also....

Is there a way of changing things so that you do not have to press and hold the headphone button to preview the next track? It would be much better if I could just use the button to turn the headphone on or off.

Inviato Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 7:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what card do you use?

to enable sustained preview you need to buy pro at a
discount

Inviato Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 11:01 pm
I have the same problem in ppro version as well, headphones barely audible, sound is onboard realtek audio 8.1.

Inviato Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 11:06 pm
Hi, My sound card is Realtech AC97 (onboard) it supports up tp 6 channels.

Inviato Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 12:07 am
Gee, I think that's what mine actually is. it has six holes in the back, right.
Bryant

Inviato Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 7:54 pm
no bryantpb, my sound card does not have 6 holes in the back.

Bump bump bump... desparado 4 help...

CHEERS

ChriXXy

Inviato Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 8:31 pm
I found the solution a while back, however, it does have it's downfalls.

What you need to do is use the advanced audio configuration in Virtual DJ (I think things have changed in 4.2... I'm using a laptop now and don't use this option anymore) and need to swap the decks to the rear output and the preview/headphones to the front output. It's just how it's set up for some reason, that the rear is a lot softer than the front speakers (I think the main reason being is that in a surround sound set up, the rear speakers are normally sitting next to the couch, so the front audio has to travel so much further, thus, louder), so what you need to realise is that when you swap them, the speaker output will be much softer -- however, if you're running it through a large amp, this should be no problem :)

Inviato Sat 03 Mar 07 @ 10:06 am
Try this - works on my ac97...

double click the speaker in taskbar (to open volume control)

Click OPTIONS MENU, Properties

Click the radio button OTHER (mine lists multi channel)

click the tick boxes for front and rear speakers

click OK

you should now have independant volume controls for front and rear speakers available...

Hope this helps

Inviato Sat 03 Mar 07 @ 2:29 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)