Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Mixing with one soundcard!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

qremcoHome userMember since 2007
Hi,

I've been using Virtual Dj for a while now and its a real nice program!

When i'm mixing i can't use my headphones and speakers at the same time, that meanes that i'll have to mix the upcoming track on the guess, i only have one soundcard, and i've tried a stereo splitter but that doesn't work also, my question to you is what can i do about this? Is there a crack for this or something like that or do i have to get a second soundcard?

Hope someone can help me!

Greetz Remco A.K.A Cazual

Inviato Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 2:56 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you idealy need to buy a external usb 4.1 or better soundcard they can be quite cheap , about 30-40 $

Inviato Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 10:16 pm
qremcoHome userMember since 2007
And then i will be able tot mix with headphones? thnx man i'll make it happen :)

Inviato Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 10:34 pm
yes =D

Inviato Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 10:37 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hmmmm...don't y splitters work with the full version?

Inviato Wed 07 Mar 07 @ 12:20 am
they do however due to the nature of the spliters it means that the sound is mono and cheaper ones crackle , so id advise against using it

Inviato Wed 07 Mar 07 @ 1:04 pm
hi i think that u must buy an optical sound card me also use to get this problem

Inviato Tue 01 May 07 @ 6:25 am
deshiHome userMember since 2007
Will any USB external plug-play sound card work? Is there one that is recommended? I'm searching for one right now and don't want to waste any money. It doesn't have to be fancy. I just need one that will allow the main music to play on my laptop speakers and to allow me to cue and mix with head phones with the one song playing.

Inviato Mon 14 May 07 @ 10:13 am
I don't know where you live - but Argos sell something called a "Creative Soundblaster" - as well as working well with Virtual DJ (you need to do a lot of configuring - but you can use the headphone input on that for speakers - use the headphone input on your laptop for monitoring and cueing - through headphones, it may be tinny - better tinny sound through headphones than through the PA).

You can also make very good copies of cassettes and vinyl LPs and singles with Audio Clean-Up - remove the scratches from records and hiss from tapes. You can even play vinyl and tapes direct with this feature - and run your radio through it - and even record the Top 40 or whatever WITHOUT the inconvenience of having to change tapes and trying to set aside three hours where you won't be interrupted - but still get called down to run an errand or something - just start it up when the programme starts and leave it - OK, so you get the DJ's links - but you can't edit them live and quickly - you'd have to do it by transferring to tape or MD.

There's an online site where you can buy it direct - but they only take payment by credit card - they won't take debit cards. Do a Google or Yahoo search for Creative.

Inviato Thu 17 May 07 @ 12:29 pm
hey guys i have two sound cards i think but im not sure if they are two, there is one green output at the back and one out put in the front of the pc so would that help?

Inviato Thu 17 May 07 @ 4:41 pm
armyguyHome userMember since 2007
I bought an external USB soud card and I have trouble getting it to work. When I try to use it I only have the option to use one of the sound cards. Either my computer sound card or the external I can never use them both at the same time. Can someone help me out please?

Inviato Mon 21 May 07 @ 10:02 pm
armyguy wrote :
I bought an external USB soud card and I have trouble getting it to work. When I try to use it I only have the option to use one of the sound cards. Either my computer sound card or the external I can never use them both at the same time. Can someone help me out please?
What version do you have?

Inviato Tue 22 May 07 @ 12:43 am
it's the one of the Maya series sound cards.

Inviato Tue 22 May 07 @ 4:25 pm
oh and I'm using Professional Edition

Inviato Tue 22 May 07 @ 4:25 pm
Would a 5.1 USB external sound card work What I do at the club is I plug the system into the computer. But I 'm not able to cue through the headphones. Now when I do get the sound card, how do I set it up and how would I cue the music through the headphones without it interfering with the main song that is playing?

Would either of these USB sound cards work for what I need to do?:
These are 5.1 sound cards.
Alpha Omega 5.1 Digital Sound USB Audio Controller
Power Up USB 1.1 Audio Adapter 5.1 Channel
Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Amigo

This is the 4.1 sound card
ADS Instant Music

Or should I just go with the creative external sound card that was suggested?

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 6:52 am
I just found something on line that may work... with this little item work with the software? - Echo Indigo DJ

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 8:18 am
Will "Echo Indigo DJ" work with the program? Its a sound card. Please let me know after your research if this will work for the cueing through head phones.

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 8:35 am
Will "Echo Indigo DJ" work with the program? Its a sound card. Please let me know after your research if this will work for the cueing through head phones.

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 8:36 am

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 8:43 am

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 8:48 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)