Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mapping Torq Xponent - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have seen that xponent is natively support with VDJ 5.0 rev4. Could someone confirm that what i have been expecting since ages is know possible?

Inviato Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 4:22 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The XPonent is supported natively now yes, however there is a small bug at the moment which prevents it being recognised - at least for some of us. Because of this, I've yet to see it work, so I don't know what native support includes. I have however started working on a custom mapper for when it does work :)

Inviato Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 4:32 pm
to mooash I've been using the exponent for 2 weeks now out on gigs I download the midi mapper of slyfx & then change some stuff around.the answer to your question is yes the exponent does work through the midi config the only thing that does not work are the led meters for the volume of each channel & the buttons blinking to the beat of the music to me that is not that important but I'm sure with time vdj will fix that. Just keep in mind this is a hardware & what I'm saying that any piece of hardware need a good computer to make it work. Hope this answers you question..............

Inviato Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 10:52 pm
I have fixed your first issue in a new version of the mapper that I have yet to release ;)

I've also raised the level of your post to hide it from public view so your email address isn't harvested for spam :)

Inviato Sun 05 Apr 09 @ 11:54 am
when can we expect the new mapper?

Inviato Sun 05 Apr 09 @ 8:53 pm
When I've had a chance to test it fully and compile it for both platforms...

Inviato Sun 05 Apr 09 @ 9:16 pm
Cool...Looking forward to it. Is there anything I can do on my end adjustments fime tuning etc. to try to get back to things were when I first downloaded the mapper?

Thanks
Dan

Inviato Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 8:57 am
You can roll back to an old version lol.

If I can fix my Mac dev system I might be able to get it compiled tonight. Unfortunately it's thrown its toys out of the pram so needs a bit of TLC...

Inviato Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 10:07 am
Scott ... I hope you can get if uploaded tonight. In the mean time any help would be appreciated as far as the sensitivity settings on the slide scale maybe some fine tuning you can recommend. So the jog wheels act more like a turntable or CD player I like to nudge the music along while working the pitch control, and I like to let the music start on beat without a delay happening.

What to select etc

(- 15 load) Yes or no

(Record loop not jingle)Yes or no

(Full transform it)Yes or no

(Christmas tree mode) I know this

(skip beat not smart seat) Yes or no

(scratch by default)Yes or no

scratch sensitivity____________________________________________________________

Jog bend sensitivity______________________________________________________________

jog seek sensitivity_______________________________________________________________

beat sensitivity__________________________________________________________________

Inviato Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 3:22 pm
Even if I sort everything out and upload the mapper tonight, it won't be immediately available I'm afraid. There is usually a small delay whilst the team authorise it.

The sensitivity sliders I can't really help with; they are personal preference IMHO. Any delay between pressing play and the music playing is down to your latency settings.

Quote :
(- 15 load) Yes or no

Defines whether the X button is load, or the - button is load.

Quote :
(Record loop not jingle)Yes or no

Defines the record mode for the sampler

Quote :
(Full transform it)Yes or no

Defines whether the transform buttons transform 100% or 50%. Opposite available with shift+transform.

Quote :
(skip beat not smart seat) Yes or no

Defines whether the search buttons use skip_beat or smart_seek

Quote :
(scratch by default)Yes or no

Defines whether the default jog mode is scratch or bend

Inviato Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 3:53 pm
Scott

Because this is all new to me, can latency settings be adjusted?

If so how do you determin what is true and correct for your laptop?

Everything was running so smooth with no glitches, all of a sudden things started happening and I don't know why.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Dan

Inviato Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 6:53 am
Use ASIO in virtual DJ, and set the latency to "Auto".

Then on the M-Audio icon in the taskbar, set your desired latency. Go as low as you can until bad things happen, then go back up a bit.

IIRC, the ASIO buffer size in the M-Audio panel is in samples, so a buffer size of 128 at a sample rate of 44.1KHz gives a latency of 2.902ms. In practice it's a little bit more, but you get my drift.

Make sure you are using the latest drivers as earlier Xponent drivers were unstable - especially at low latency in ASIO mode.

Inviato Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 7:58 am
I've uploaded an updated mapper v1.32. It will be available for download once approved. This will be the last release of this mapper.

Inviato Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 9:48 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)