Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: PLEASE!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Please guys, (and this is more to VDJ than the users, unless a user can help me)

I've been asking for over 6 months now for a skin to fit my display properly. I have a 1440x900 native resolution, and i just want the basic 2 VDJ skins (full & video)

I've tried resizing, and yes it works, but some of the dials and controls are out of place and i just can't work out how to fix this (yes i've read the guides)

I've also found that when i use a skin I've resized it can cause crashes.

I just want to be able to have the basic skins to use with the software. I brought a larger screened laptop because my eyesight is not great (even worse in a dark club) and i struggle to see the skin in its original resolution.

If i use the original skin and maximize it using the button in the top right, it changes my laptop resolution and effects the video output (and sometimes crashes), so thats a no go as well.

Is this really asking too much?

Gary

Inviato Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 2:43 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 7:03 pm
Hi cstoll

The FullVideo @ 1440x900 isn't completed (i think it says its not completed on the download page as well)

I agree the other one is close, but it kind of defeats the object of having a 17" screen when most of it is taken up by a massive logo in the middle of it.

I don't think its too much to ask for VDJ to produce their skins in a resolution that I can use. I paid for the software, it comes with a skin, but the skin is the wrong resolution.

Its not as if i'm using an unusual brand of laptop. Every new HP Pavilion 17" wide-screen has this resolution, and I've heard MACs use this resolution too.

Isn't it also in VDJ's interest to have their product on display looking its best? Someone saw my laptop last night and was asking questions about computer DJing, and asked why the VDJ control panel was so small. I explained why and he said 'well thats a bit sh*t'

You have to have a powerful video card to use VDJ for video mixing, and i don't know of many computers that are powerful enough to video mix having a native 800x600 display, yet those resolutions are supplied.

Gary

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 7:21 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well sorry your opinion is of such. But, there are plenty of option to chose from in the skins downloads.
If you don't see a specific skin that fits your personal needs then VirtualDJ provides the information (SDK) so a user can build their own.

And the skin size provided by default is 1024x768.

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 7:46 pm
I would point out the reason i started this post is for the exact opposite reason you just gave. There are not plenty of skins to choose from in the 1440x900 resolution. Maybe people are making their own, but seeing as VDJ does make a MAC version, i don't really think there is any excuse for not making a MAC native resolution skin, and thats without taking into account the HP and other brands that use this resolution.

I stand corrected on the supplied skin resolution though :)

Gary

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 7:55 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Me thinks you should try the Mixstation skin by Serge6037...

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 6:32 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Gary, I'm making a version of my VideoVision in that resolution. If you'd like to receive a beta version when it's available (hopefully sometime in the next couple of weeks) Send me a PM and I'll hook you up. In the meantime, I could make up an 880 pixel high version of VideoVision in 1280 pixel width that should work nicely (You'll just have some extra space on the side, which I like because I keep a text editor there for notes and stuff).

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 8:35 pm
I have the same screen size 1440x900. Most new machines come this way to support hd format.

Id does get frustrating. Thank god mixstation comes that way! Thanks again Serge!

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 12:30 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)