Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: RCP-2001-A or the BPM Studio Remote

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Does anyone know if there is a mapping tool for the RCP-2001-A (the remote with BPM studio)?
I like this remote but I still want to make the transition to Virtual DJ. It may also encourage other BPM users to switch.
There are a lot of mappings for other hardware, but I'm afraid my programming skills are not sufficient to do it myself.
Of course I happy to assist in any way possible.

Inviato Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 5:48 am
Unfortunately this controller is closed source and can only be used with BPM studio. If Alcatech released a SDK and/or MIDI driver, it would be possible for support for it to be added to VirtualDJ.

There are other similar open source controllers available now that are considerably cheaper and more technically advanced, such as the Numark DMC-2 and Denon HC-4500 (Very similar to the BPM studio controllers, but with touch-sensitive jogwheels.)

NOTE: If someone worked out the protocol used by the BPM studio controllers, it would be possible to support them in other software.

Inviato Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 3:07 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
At one time the RCP controllers were really the best software controllers on the market - they were maybe five or ten years ahead of their time (granted this was before USB was ubiquitous which is reflected in the design of these contollers). The BPM Studio software hasn't kept up though and compared to new versions of VirtualDJ, it's quite lacking in many areas. Since AlcaTech is obviously too lazy or disorganized to address this and release the version 5 that they have been promising for so many years now, they'd do themselves a big favor by opening up their damned controller so that they could sell that to users of other software. Granted, they'd have to reduce the price a fair bit to make it competitive...

But due to these considerations, I don't think anyone really cares enough to bother with the controllers. I've actually got one of each of the RCP series controllers at home, and I used to really like BPM studio back in the day, but after the BS I went through with AlcaTech and the problems the software gave me, I'm not looking back after purchasing VDJ. I can control the software really well with the Keyboard - give me a good direct-software controller and I'm in heaven!

Inviato Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 8:35 pm
are you selling the contorllers? i never had a problem with BPM PRO

Inviato Mon 26 Oct 09 @ 3:56 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)