Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Small sample of previous song hearable when playing new song on same deck

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi all,

I've got a strange tiny, but sometimes irritating, problem with VDJ 5.0 rev6 on Vista Ultimate 32-bit. The problem seems not related to the soundcard because it is present both on my Maya44 USB as well as my Numark VirtualVinyl 5.0 box.

When I press pause and/or stop while a song is playing, then load a new song while the old song is paused or stopped and then press play for the new song, a small sample from the previous song is hearable when starting the new song. I have been messing around with the performance settings but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Logically, it has something to do with a memory buffer.

I hope you guys have any idea in fixing it, although it works for me prelistening every single song but sometimes it's a bit irritating if I've already set cuepoints etc.

Kind regards,
Rabrynil

Inviato Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 4:51 pm
You can also hear the small sample/glitch when playing a track, then pausing and stopping it and pressing play again then.
The best way to reproduce it is by loading a song, playing until the intro has finished and then stopping the song and pressing play again.
It's then best audible if the song has a small silence at start and you don't have auto cue enabled.

So the problem is also present when you're not switching to another deck or loading a new song.

When I use a jumpstart cue-style (repeatedly pressing cue/play so a small part of the intro is manually beat-aligned with the playing song) when mixing over to a new song, the glitch is hearable for the public.

If anyone else is able (or not able) to reproduce the problem, please respond. That way I can investigate if it's a specific problem for my setup.

Thanks in advance!

Rabrynil

Inviato Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 11:55 am
I had this happen too and when I turned off keylock it stopped. Also I raised my performance settings and turned keylock back on and now dont have this issue. Try it with keylock disabled.

Inviato Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 2:52 pm
Yes, you're correct. It is related to KeyLock aka Master Tempo. As I won't disable KeyLock, because I don't want any pitch changes, I've investigated further. When I change the algorithm of the Master Tempo to Fast the problem seems to be fixed too. Nonetheless, It's still a bug in the Advanced Master Tempo Algorithm, so still worth that it is hereby reported but I/we now have a (temporary?) workaround. :)

Inviato Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 3:35 pm
Well, it now seems the workaround is not what I've expected. The Fast-algorithm sounds very choppy and it even sounds like it misses basses and beats so I think it's quite a no-go. Anyone?

Inviato Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 4:13 pm
i would not use master tempo, with any software this is not a good function, it chopps up your sound.

Inviato Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 10:47 pm
I use master temp all the time with the time code CD's and no peobkem at all.. However I have XP home with 1GB ram and maya 44 USB.

Inviato Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 3:06 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
findasong wrote :
i would not use master tempo, with any software this is not a good function, it chopps up your sound.

On VDJ it won't if you use Advance algorithm, but you need good specs machine to do that (on Vista even more power needed).
Might be problem with Vista and it's sound buffer that it uses. I still use XP and never had this problem.
Many people that use Vista had problem with sound (losing sound, damaged drivers).
There is Vista SP1 on the way that should fix those problems.

Inviato Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 6:12 am
master tempo will still cause you problems on certain songs no matter what pc you have ?

Inviato Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 8:33 am
Well, if some people aren't affected by this problem, it can be related to the version (I now have the latest 5.0.7) but this tiny but sometimes frustrating problem. I have tried about everything possible in the config dialog but nothing seems to help, except for disabling Keylock or choosing the Fast algorithm for Master Tempo. But I don't want one or both of those things. Any word on about getting this fixed? Or possibly a word on settings I could try.

Thanks in advance.

Inviato Sun 02 Mar 08 @ 6:50 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
This happens to me since 4.x and no matter what sound card - WDM/AISO PCI/USB/Internal.

XP/W2K P4/celeron does not matter.

Inviato Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 1:26 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's a master tempo related bug, easily reproduced just by stopping the song
and playing it from beginning where silence is present, so you can hear the
short portion of sound from where the song stopped. Probably a buffer for
timestretching is not cleared when pausing a song, but it happens only once
and only if you stop/load a new song while on audiable part of the track.

Inviato Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 1:40 am
erxon wrote :
It's a master tempo related bug, easily reproduced just by stopping the song
and playing it from beginning where silence is present, so you can hear the
short portion of sound from where the song stopped. Probably a buffer for
timestretching is not cleared when pausing a song, but it happens only once
and only if you stop/load a new song while on audiable part of the track.

Yep, that's correct. And when I'm doing cuestarts from my CDJ1000's to produce beatstarts you'll hear two parts of the song mash-up and that sounds just bad.

Inviato Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 5:36 pm
I was having the same issue. I lowered my latency to 512 and I set my spatialization and complexity to 1. I also set my scratch to optimize for latency. I don't know what actually solved the problem but it seem,s to have gotten rid of the issue for me.

Inviato Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 1:13 pm
Rabrynil wrote :
Hi all,

I've got a strange tiny, but sometimes irritating, problem with VDJ 5.0 rev6 on Vista Ultimate 32-bit. The problem seems not related to the soundcard because it is present both on my Maya44 USB as well as my Numark VirtualVinyl 5.0 box.

When I press pause and/or stop while a song is playing, then load a new song while the old song is paused or stopped and then press play for the new song, a small sample from the previous song is hearable when starting the new song. I have been messing around with the performance settings but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Logically, it has something to do with a memory buffer.

I hope you guys have any idea in fixing it, although it works for me prelistening every single song but sometimes it's a bit irritating if I've already set cuepoints etc.

Kind regards,
Rabrynil

this just started happening again with 6.01 :-(
not sure what I changed but it happened to me last night.. (like it was said, it sounds like a buffer isnt being cleared)

gonna have to play around and see what I need to change to bring it back to normal.

hippydog2

Inviato Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 2:36 pm
hey any body have a glitch problem in the sample player? i do u cant strike ur sample 2 time at a fast speed it glitch

Inviato Wed 10 Jul 13 @ 5:32 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)