Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: serious problems with the the duet hercules mk2 + virtual dj 5.07

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello,friends.I use Windows Vista and I own a hercules dj console mk2 and 2 turntables,and,of course,the pro version of Virtual dj,but the problem is that,in the v5.07 of virtualdj in Sound Setup section when I select DJCONSOLE MK2 in Souncards and check the mark in "Apply Eq on external inputs" to be able to use the treble,bass and medium controls in the dj console whiththe turntables(well,of course,the hercules control panel is in asio model.Well,the problem is that,with this configuration,the music sounds like passed through the filter of a robot,this is,"robotized" very bad.I think that I´m not the only person who suffers from this,and that there are some more users with the same problem and after trying some configurations,I can say that the problem is not in hercules dj console mk2.Instead on this,ít´s in the combination of the use of hercules dj console mk2 plus virtual dj console 5.07,so,please,I would like suggest you to solve this problem in the next version of Vitual dj(I have tried the latest drivers of Hercules dj console mk2 with virtual dj 5.06 with the same configuration I have told you before and all is ok,but,of course,it´s logical that I would like enjoy the benefits of the latest version of both of them(virtual dj + hercules dj console mk2) not having to think about incompatibilities,so please,think about this and fix it in the next version of Virtual DJ

Thanks for listening to me

Aitor García
Spain

Inviato Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 11:02 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This was already discussed in great detail in the General Forum and the Dev Team is aware of the issue.

Inviato Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 12:04 pm
I'm having same problem, but missed that in the gen forum.. may need link here for others with same issue.. couldn't do my show tonight due to this problem.. very disappointing

Inviato Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 10:31 pm
And tonite was the first time since you installed 5.0.7 since it came out ? And what about using the search to find previous topics?

Anyhow... with 5.0.7 do not use the MK2 Icon from the drop down...

For WDM (No Timecode use) use the 4.1 sound card option.

For ASIO (Timecode use) use the ASIO option and make sure the Ultra-Latency is checked.

Inviato Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 7:32 pm
cstoll wrote :
And tonite was the first time since you installed 5.0.7 since it came out ? And what about using the search to find previous topics?

Anyhow... with 5.0.7 do not use the MK2 Icon from the drop down...

For WDM (No Timecode use) use the 4.1 sound card option.

For ASIO (Timecode use) use the ASIO option and make sure the Ultra-Latency is checked.

thank you, been searching for the workaround for about month til now ;-)
in blogs n forums mk2 subject seems to flood the forums

:-)

Inviato Sat 08 Mar 08 @ 2:04 pm
ghis482Home userMember since 2008
Hello:

I bought the Dj console Mk2 along with Virtual Dj Version 3. Unfortunaty, I lost the cd and my computer crashed. I'm trying to buy a new Virtual Dj software. I'm interested in the Pro version of that software but I'm wondering if it would work with my Dj console Mk2? I don't know if the new Virtual Dj Pro cd will come with a way to install my console. I also don't know if my console would work with Virtual Dj Pro?
Thank you for helping me out.

Inviato Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 12:14 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The mk2 is fully supported In VDJ pro which you can get at a discount for owning the mk2.

Inviato Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 3:05 pm

Inviato Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 10:18 am
hey guy,

i recently bought the mk2 version of the hercules dj console, and need some suggestion, i'm looking to hook is up with to different dj setups..

i have 2 denon dns3500 cd/mp3 plyer and dnx-500 mixer..

my partner has

2 pioneer cdj 1000 and djm-800 mixer..

i wanted to know i can i use time coded cd to work with my mk2 console, and i like to get it setup such a way that all my music is on the labtop and i can scratch/play tracks from the cd player... almost like serato.. but i didn't like the system at all..

Inviato Sun 23 Mar 08 @ 2:48 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Aumproductionz1,

Yes u can with that but u need to have VDJ Pro that can be use fully n to its full potential as the djc edition is tied down with the mk2 which means it won't werk without the console n timecode support is limited.

See the comparision chart.

Morever, U have a discount as u have the mk2 to upgrade.

Hope to see u as a pro user soon;)

Inviato Sun 23 Mar 08 @ 3:05 pm
scar666Home userMember since 2006
hey, ive got a hercules dj console mk2 and a pair of vinyl decks. is it possible to run the decks through the dj console with timecoded vinyls??
if so what do i need to do this?
what edition of virtual dj etc

thanks a lot,
chris.

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 2:31 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes it possible in djc edtion but it is limited.

U need to upgrade to VDJ Pro. Look at the link at my post above urs n check the comparision n the discount;)

Regards.

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 2:37 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
SpinnaJ beat me too it, hehe

Yes you can, by using the inputs and outputs at the back of the unit, that's what I do.

I think you can run TCV with the home edition, but you only get a limited time. It is best to purchase and download the Pro version, 5.rev7 to get the full Timecode use.

And I nearly forgot you need the Timecode vinyl's, which you can order from the site.

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 2:42 pm
DjButlaPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Sup, Yall. The problem that i am having is this. I am currently trying out Vritual DJ 5 on my buddy's computer, and using Timecoded CDs on a MK2 controller. It used to work perfectly fine on his set-up, which used XP Pro. When I upgraded to vista, it does not work the same, or rather at all. There is a small distortion that inhibits the time code from working properly with the program, a slight square wave that is blended in to the time code that turns out to be a sharp edge. The screen shot is coming to compliment it soon, but right now i'm at work and i dont have the program here. The turntable that i am using is a Denon DS-3500. The hardware is a dx9000 HP laptop with 2gb ram. This is the only problem itchin ma a#$. Any Ideas? btw, i have replaced the RCA cables from the stock ones to some Monster Cable Pro Audio Cables. Same problem, so i know it is not the cable. I'm not sure how to isolate whether it is the Controller or the turntable.

Inviato Thu 08 May 08 @ 6:53 am
hey wasup i recently bought the hercules mk2 console and tryed installing it everything went well untile i opened up virtual dj it would say the controller was not detected and i tryed it on my fathers pc and it worked fine i have windows vista i also downloaded vdj 5.0 i believe and it would work then when i plug in the console it would stop the music i would go to config and set it up but the a message error pops up saying error in the sound driver of directX......can anyone help me out on this problem i would really apreciate it..

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 08 @ 9:20 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)