Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DMC-1 / DAC-2 Mapping - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

danielsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@Support staff:

I do not know who has written this message.. obviously someone who doesn't understand how software development works. There is absolutely no obligation to post the source code for any code you have written except the case you are using others work and a license obliges you to do so. It did take quite some time to write this plugin and i'm not obliged to post the finished plugin nor the source code. I did post the plugin because I thought it might be useful for others, too. And obviously you found it useful, too...

I'm working in the software development area myself, and in my spare time on several open-source projects. I did not ask for help (as you wrote), instead I reported a bug and waited (asked) for an answer.

I posted this bug on the 16th of December last year. That was even before I posted the plugin and you asked for the source code. Since then I've asked several times for a reply to this report, but never got one. Instead I always got the response that the dev team reads this forum and this thread has already been forwarded to the developers.

We had one of those conversations within one of my support folders. Excerpts from this conversation:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staff:
Will you one day upload your source code of the DMC1/DAC2 mapper plugin ?

daniels:
I was waiting with the release of the updated mapper plugin & source code until the bugs I pointed out (regarding the 'mapper-sdk') have been fixed so the plugin works like it is supposed to. I didn't have time yet to test it with the latest update (3.1), but i will do that soon.

Staff:
Great :)

daniels:
Will this be forwarded to the developers? I reported that more than half a year ago and I think they haven't received that report till now.

Staff:
What do you want to report exactly ?

daniels:
What I mentioned in this thread..
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/8705/Bugs_report/DMC-1___DAC-2_Mapping.html

Staff:
Don't worry the dev team reads the forum, but I'll tell them to read your thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Releasing the source code is obviously not about time. If you would develop software yourself you would know that. It would not take much time to post the VirtualDJ source code either, for obvious reasons atomix won't do that, no matter how many times someone asks.

When the 3.2 version was released with the possibility to write mapper plugins for the dac3 and hercules console I thought: "Cool. Finally this old dac2 bug is fixed. I might write some mapper plugins for the dac3 and hercules console even if I do not own these controllers...". Well, in reality this bug was (nearly a year later) still not fixed and bringing it up again got me such a reply from the Support (mind the name!) staff. I really lost interest in this project...

Inviato Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 4:12 pm
@daniels I personally understand your opinion and almost accept it, anyway maybe if you'll just post
the excerpt of your code that is supposed to work but isn't will allow the dev team to understand.

something like ....

SetLed(chan,0x03,Song[chan].BeatLed>=2048); is not working

(i think you reported it this way anyway)

@support staff:

it's good idea when there's error reported and the devteam is aware and understands it to confirm
that it's accepted on the todo list or whether it needs furthere explanation. Or reject that or say something "it's not on the priority list for next updates"

Maybe some bugtracker similar to support procedure.
If there's bug in the bugforum then move it to the process of confirming it and removing it (probably).

Inviato Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 4:34 pm
I'm sure a software developer (dev team) understands what I have written in the first post. Anyway, for the sake of completeness:

SetLed(0,8,1);

for example does not work as it is supposed to.

Inviato Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 4:54 pm

Did you find somewhere the list of commands that DAC2 should accept or is it your hard work
with testing each value and assuming. My hat down if so, i must took a lot of time ....

btw. aren't there only 5 leds ? on each deck ?

Inviato Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 6:23 pm
The dac2 and dmc1 use a virtual com (serial) port to communicate with the host. The protocol can be easily reverse-engineered with a serial monitor. The controller has only 5 leds but the messages for controlling the leds are not numbered from 0 to 4. Instead the loop and fx leds are 8 and 9. I posted the compete 3-bytes sequences in the first post. As the current sdk/api uses the underlying protocol 'numbers', the correct usage should be as stated in my post above.

Inviato Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 6:48 pm
i know it's a bug this happen last year when an update were out now it has happen again in this update,that's what it dose when a song ends it stop the orther player that's playing for 3 to 5 sec,fix it thank you.

Inviato Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 4:53 am
hmm.. still no response from "Support staff" about their/her/his false accusations. I am still wondering who has written this post.

Inviato Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 9:53 am
That's simple: you want help ? ok please post your sources so we can take a look, they won't be shared to other users if you don't want.

Inviato Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 12:01 pm
Obviously you do not read my posts. I did NOT ask for help. I reported a bug. I posted the source code which does not work as expected in a previous post. I will post it again for you:

SetLed(0,8,1);

It is as simple as that. This single line of code does not turn on the loop led. Same goes for:

SetLed(0,9,1);

This line of code does not turn on the fx led as expected. That's it. Try it out if you don't trust me.

Inviato Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 12:26 pm
I'm not from the team, but daniels it seems you don't want to cooperate with the staff :)

Inviato Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 1:57 pm
In what way do I not cooperate with the staff? I posted the source code which doesn't work as expected so they can check it.

Inviato Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 2:23 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)