Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Anyone using VDJ with Audio 8 DJ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey,

I've been using VDJ Pro for a few months now, having Maya44 USB as the interface and TCCDs in a club environment. Unfortunately I've been quite displeased with the low output level of the card. I also have a ground loop problem forcing me to use isolators between Maya and the mixer, reducing the output level and the overall quality of the sound even further. It's quite alright when playing at low-to-mid volume, but when I need to crank up more whoopah, the sound becomes unbearably bad.

I'm now looking in the direction of the 360 EUR Audio 8 DJ interface (the software part of the setup will always be VDJ, I just love it) and was wondering if anyone has used them together. Any problems? The other guys use Serato and I would really like to prove their choice wrong :).

Thanks in advance!

Inviato Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 11:27 pm
Absolutly no problems and the Audio 8 is one of the best cards out there for sure so you are really good to go with it.

Inviato Sun 23 Mar 08 @ 8:00 pm
DJKosmoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ciacomix
Are you running this audio 8 under a Vista environment?

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 3:08 pm
i had mine for a few weeks now
been using maya 44 usb, too, for a few years
the output levels are much higher compared to the maya
although i never had a "big" problem with the maya output levels

with the maya
i had to increase the gain
decrease the high('round 9:00) and middle('round 10:30)

now with the audio 8 dj
i pretty much only have to adjust the gain
sometimes the high a little bit

the sound is "richer"
and if you use vdj's sampler
you will have a separate channel(preview etc ...), too

little pricey, but worth it

p.s.: i'm running win xp

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 4:23 pm
been using one for the last few weeks, no problems

Inviato Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 6:33 pm
i used the audio 8 dj with timecode cd's some weeks ago and it works really fine.
nice and clear sound, very high output level

i used it with windows xp...

Inviato Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 3:34 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
if you buy the audio 8 prior to tomorrow you get a free full copy of Traktor 3. That's a pretty good deal. Assuming VDJ is your primary program, you could install that on a back-up machine or something.

I don't know - Traktor is having some issues with their new releases. People are crying all over the place in that forum. Personally I am using a version from last year....and it's stable. I am really lucky that I didn't upgrade.

Inviato Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 2:50 pm
Hi guys just got the Audio 8 and want to use it with VDJ..can someone please post or let me know how to set it up? I have been searching the forums but can't get any info..all I hear is that is easy to install. Another question is can I plug my Audio 8 and use the headphone part of it to cue my next song or do I actually need to hook up a mixer and use the headphone from there? thanks in advance.

Inviato Thu 01 Jan 09 @ 2:47 pm
I just received my audio 8 card today. Only to find out I cannot configure headphones out of the headphopne jack on the audio 8 dj unit. Unless anyone here knows how to to change headphone output to chnls 7/8? BTW THE REASON I AM USING IT THIS WAY IS BECAUSE I USE A VCI-100 VESTAX CONTROL AND HAVE NO NEED FOR TIME CODE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
THANKS

Inviato Fri 02 Jan 09 @ 12:54 pm
i want to make sure i can get vdj working with ni audio 8 soundcard with a rane mixer
before i spend money buying this product
so far ive just used the trial version and like it
i read on the ni forum there were timecode problems running them together
i have vista running on my pc 1.6 duo
love some input on this so i can decide
thnkx

Inviato Sat 03 Jan 09 @ 4:55 pm
Ok I figured how to make my Audio 8 Dj to work with my VDJ...I configured the sound to use 2 sound cards...sound card number 1 to my audio 8 dj and sound card number 2 to my laptop soundcard. on output I use master on soundcard 1 (audio 8 DJ) and headphones on soundcard 2 (laptop soundcard). I hope other peeps can let us know how they have their set up with Audio 8 Dj and VDJ.

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 10:04 am
i use audio 8 dj with 2 channels out and a mixer
so, i cue through my mixer

but, i just tried to do it through audio 8 dj
and it works
maybe it's because of the new drivers
http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=freeupdates#AUDIO_8_DJ
not sure (i'm pretty sure it was possible with the old driver, too)
anyway...

you can assign all 4 channels to any outputs(2 channel or 1 channel with headphone) of VDJ

go to config > sound setup
outputs > headphones
sound card(s) > 2 cards
sound card > audio 8 dj (the channel you would like to connect your amp etc...)
second card > audio 8 dj (CH D - 7/8)

and set "source" for the headphones on the audio 8 dj to "out 7/8"
front panel, little button below the headphones volume knob

hope this helps

Inviato Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 12:29 am
I've just made the crossover from pc to mac and I'm having major issues trying to get my timecodes working. I'm using Technics DZ1200 turntables, and a Technics MZ1200 mixer, I've got everything plugged into my Audio 8 DJ controller and connected the usb to my Macbook. I can use my mixer fine and play tracks but when I try to set up my timecodes I get an error messages saying there's an "Error with my CoreAudio soundcard.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Please help?

Inviato Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 1:11 pm
are you using the Audio 8 DJ Driver 2.2.46 - Mac OS X driver? Also I would post your problem in the Native Instruments forum as well

Inviato Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 3:55 pm
DJPLG25Home userMember since 2007
im having the same issue under mac os x leopard 5.6, it will work with midi controllers, but when i try to configure it for timecodes, the error display comes "error on core audio" or something like that, i tried the same under windows xp, and it works perfectly under the ASIO DRIVER, im wondering if its the software or the driver for the interface, or its simply not compatible under mac os x leopard, the version of vdj is 5.2 pro, hopefully someone has figure out this issue!!!
thanks

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 12:32 pm
Hello,

Just recieved the audio 8 dj, but when I want to put it in the Virtual DJ 6.0 pro, as a asio-sound driver and I choose the AUdio 8 dj it says 'error in the asio driver', what should I do to let it work? I have Vista premium..

Kind regards

julien

Inviato Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 11:51 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)