Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Removing or Disabling the Config button in VDJ 5

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have an issue where several DJs use my computer, they all keep messing with the configuration I would like to be able to disable the config button and the minimize maximize buttons, anyone know how to do that?

Please let me know.

Inviato Wed 07 May 08 @ 11:43 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Thu 08 May 08 @ 2:33 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
do you mean in windows or in vdj?

Inviato Thu 08 May 08 @ 7:42 am
Pat_DJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Since this is listed in the Skin Section, i'd say the user would like to modify the skin, so no more configuration button would be found on the skin so no oneelse could modify the configuration.

Here's my thoughts.

Edit the BMP file, remove the configuration button. After go in the XML file, and don't delete the configuration button but change the location of the configuration where you would be the only one that knows to press there to go to the configuration panel.

These are my thoughts... if I'm wrong please correct me.

Inviato Fri 09 May 08 @ 12:46 pm
Yes I want to change it in Virtual DJ, the idea is to lock out the config from other DJs and I would also like to Lock out the ability to minimize the screen as well.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Inviato Mon 12 May 08 @ 3:40 pm
I know on Macs you can "lock the screen" which means you can put the computer to sleep and only typing in the correct password will wake it up again. But I don't know if PC's have such a feature.

Inviato Mon 12 May 08 @ 7:33 pm
you can just remove from the XML of the skin in the zip file. You would also have to remove the graphics or you will see buttons that dont work :). I would just remove the graphics and move the config to a hiddle spot just in case you needed to adjust something yourself. What skin i can do it or someone here can.

Inviato Mon 12 May 08 @ 8:13 pm
listen2 wrote :
you can just remove from the XML of the skin in the zip file. You would also have to remove the graphics or you will see buttons that dont work :). I would just remove the graphics and move the config to a hiddle spot just in case you needed to adjust something yourself. What skin i can do it or someone here can.

you cant remove the code for the Config Button in the .xml files, you need to edit them...

there is a line of code that tells VDJ where the config button is on the screen. you just need to find that part and set it to somewhere hidden. ie. location 1,1

Inviato Mon 12 May 08 @ 8:39 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Even better, create a keyboard shortcut for accessing the control panel
(system > settings) like Ctrl + Alt + C, and remove the settings xml
& graphics from the skin completely (set the xml for 1 pixel as suggested).

Thus only the one who knows the shortcut can access it, unless they
go looking for the shortcut through the files/registry or deleting the skin
from VDj folder to force the program to use the default skin.

Inviato Tue 13 May 08 @ 1:56 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Tue 13 May 08 @ 4:16 am
marksmolinski wrote :
listen2 wrote :

you cant remove the code for the Config Button in the .xml files, you need to edit them...

there is a line of code that tells VDJ where the config button is on the screen. you just need to find that part and set it to somewhere hidden. ie. location 1,1

you might be right i never heard of anyone removing the code fir the config button altogether, but you can remove the graphics and then move the location on the screen/skin to where the config options are located, thus making it hidden like i suggested. That is the best option and most simple.

Inviato Tue 13 May 08 @ 10:59 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
How would you get into the config, if there is no button for it.....ummmmmm?

Is there a shortcut for it?

Inviato Tue 13 May 08 @ 11:24 am
just because there is no visual button does not mean you can click the spot to access the config. the button is just for your eyes only... like James Bond style.

V-------- or you can do that too

Inviato Tue 13 May 08 @ 12:21 pm
jimmy b wrote :
How would you get into the config, if there is no button for it.....ummmmmm?

Is there a shortcut for it?

Read my post ^^ :)

Inviato Tue 13 May 08 @ 3:49 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Cool idea.

Inviato Wed 14 May 08 @ 1:12 am
theses are all very cool ideas. i wish i new more about coding so i could do some of theses things and maybe even write a mapper or skin myself.
is there a place online that has a step by step coding instrutionson how to start and learn from a begingers standpoint as this would go nicly with the schooling im takiing as its for electronics tech and it also has A+ certification that goes with it as well but if nothing else just another added benifit to my own personal knowlage

Inviato Sun 25 May 08 @ 8:29 pm

Inviato Mon 26 May 08 @ 1:49 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)