Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Beringer DDM-4000 Questions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Been thinking about getting the DDM-4000 and upgrading to CUE 5 to mix VIDEO and have some questions. I've been trying to follow all the talk about this mixer here on the forum, but I am still a bit confused about midi, the headphone cue issues, etc. So basically, here are my questions, hope some of you can help me out...Sorry if I sound like such a noob...

Using TCCD with Maya44USB

Questions:

1. Is the PFL issue figured out? Can you actually cue a channel and mix in the headphones, and if so what's the process? I know you have to download the mapper file, but I'm having trouble understanding all the posts about this because the answers seem to be in many threads.

2. If the crossfader is mapped to control the video, can you still use the built in effects in the mixer on the audio? My main goal as far as midi functionality right now is just to control the video crossfader simultaneously with the audio. I don't even care about mapping all the knobs and buttons of the mixer at this point. Can we do just the video crossfader?

3. Do you lose the headphone output features in any way with this setup (the snare and bass punch buttons)?

4. Anyone with this mixer and doing video, do you have any videos that show this unit in action mixing videos?

If this mixer will not do the trick, I may opt for a controller like the Vestax ones, but I really like how much "stuff" you get for the buck with the DDM-4000 (effects, etc.)

Any help would be appreciated. My club is going to purchase the gear so now I just need help deciding on something (preferably the Beringer).

Thanks in advance.

Inviato Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 1:08 am
djsho2k2 wrote :

Using TCCD with Maya44USB

Questions:

1. Is the PFL issue figured out? Can you actually cue a channel and mix in the headphones, and if so what's the process? I know you have to download the mapper file, but I'm having trouble understanding all the posts about this because the answers seem to be in many threads.

Not yet but it's still usable( when the crossfader is in midi mode ,the crossfadr controll what u hear in the headphones..so if it all the way over to either side u can't cue but if u slide it near the middle u can..so i just turn the channel slider down/off

djsho2k2 wrote :
2. If the crossfader is mapped to control the video, can you still use the built in effects in the mixer on the audio? My main goal as far as midi functionality right now is just to control the video crossfader simultaneously with the audio. I don't even care about mapping all the knobs and buttons of the mixer at this point. Can we do just the video crossfader?

yes u can ...once u stasrt mapping u will use it for more that that ;) I only touch my keyboard to type in name/title if needed.other than that i scroll and select with the buttons to the right of crossfader since once u map the cf these buttons r useless unless mapped as well

djsho2k2 wrote :
3. Do you lose the headphone output features in any way with this setup (the snare and bass punch buttons)?.

i never used the bass (my headphones bang too hard already.. the split however still works normal

djsho2k2 wrote :
4. Anyone with this mixer and doing video, do you have any videos that show this unit in action mixing videos?

need a camcorder for this ..

Besides THE PFL ISSUE, the mixer has alot of features, IMHO.it's well worth the price indeed(it actually went up in price as i got mine for us$299 the next week my partner had to pay us$399 @ and this @ a guitar center(they also had to get his from another store as where i live they only recieved 2 units per store )

man i'm glad i went the day i did !!

btw: u will need to buy a midi usb box if your cpu doesnt have midi (haven't seen midi i/o on a lappy) which they start @ us $40.00

and for some advice:
i bought the one for 40 bucks and last week one of my side kicks closed the cord in the coffin which broke one of the ends(it works if you play with it for a minute but wouldn't rely on it at a gig)

so i had to get another one !this time i got one for us $79. they say u get what u pay for most of the time .this time if a chord goes bad i can buy a new midi chord @ us $3.99 ea ;)

hope this helps .happy controller huntin' ;- P

Inviato Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 2:28 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006

Inviato Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 10:41 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I bought a DDM4000 a few weeks ago, have to say I'm VERY impressed so far.

I have the crossfader setup to video only, as I don't really need a crossfader for the audio. The high/mid/low buttons either side of the crossfader I mapped to be effects select (+/-) and activate buttons, while the "full freq" buttons on either side of the crossfader turn the keylock on or off on each deck. The central "cf on" button turns video effects on and off.

Channels 2, 3 and 4 are not used for midi, as I use these for the decks and sampler. Channel 1 however is set for midi, and I use a couple of the EQ knobs as a rotary key control for the two decks, and that still leaves a fader, another knob and a few pushbuttons free to do other things which I haven't got round to mapping yet.

One of the best features of this mixer is the very well equipped mic section, with it's customisable eq setup, auto talkover and built in compressor/limiter and independent fx - I've yet to see another DJ mixer with such a good mic section. The only problem I've found with it so far was that I couldn't turn the mic gain down low enough - I tend to "project" my voice when working, and I couldn't reduce the mic gain enough to compensate for this! A 10K dual-gang potentiometer between the mic and the input socket solved this problem though...

All in all, a cracking little mixer... Full of features, great sound quality. For what it cost, I have to wonder what the catch is - I hope it's still working in another 12 months! ;-)

Inviato Thu 19 Jun 08 @ 5:17 pm
djsherz wrote :

All in all, a cracking little mixer... Full of features, great sound quality. For what it cost, I have to wonder what the catch is - I hope it's still working in another 12 months! ;-)

my thoughts exactly

Inviato Thu 19 Jun 08 @ 7:28 pm
djsherz,

could you share you midi file setup for the ddm4000?, i have yet to configure it in a way a like.

thanks.

Inviato Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 6:22 am
Never mind, i just saw the midi mapper on the download section, cant wait to try it tonight!

Inviato Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 10:28 am
mindtwister3d wrote :
Never mind, i just saw the midi mapper on the download section, cant wait to try it tonight!

wow when did that get there? sweet ...gonna check it out ...

Inviato Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 10:42 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Never used a mapper, just did it myself in the midi config...

Inviato Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 11:48 am
thats what i did but figured i might could get an idea or 2 from this as everyone thinks different and thoughts and way to do things.
;-)

Inviato Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 2:15 pm
Dumb question, but I'll ask anyway:

Do I need to have midi cables going from my cd players to the mixer to use the midi features, or should the Maya44 USB I have take care of that?

Or, do I need a USB midi box out of my laptop to connect to the turntables?

And, if I use my Technics 1200s (I havent tried hooking them in yet), I really MUST have to have the USB midi box, right?

Inviato Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 2:03 pm
IF I am using a MAYA 44 USB for TIME CODE, do I have to worry about the PFL issue?? I doint think so .. My goal is to assign midi to use for video effects and video crossfader but still have an audio cross fader.. can I do that?

Inviato Thu 04 Feb 10 @ 11:09 am
I no longer have my DDM4000 but I was able to cue my music just fine. Basically you can assign any knob or fadder on the mixer for your video and keep the crossfader as just audio. Its all up to you on how you set it up.

djqwikcut wrote :
IF I am using a MAYA 44 USB for TIME CODE, do I have to worry about the PFL issue?? I doint think so .. My goal is to assign midi to use for video effects and video crossfader but still have an audio cross fader.. can I do that?

Inviato Thu 04 Feb 10 @ 1:50 pm
Hey guys!!

Has anyone mapped LEDs to their DDM4000 mixer yet?

Has they got any problems mapping an LED to go off and another LED to go on simultaneously?

THANKS!!

Inviato Thu 04 Feb 10 @ 4:18 pm
I told you in the other thread that I had done that without issue. Now when I used a cheaper MIDI cable, the mappings didn't work. But as soon as I got back to the real cable, it worked like a charm.

Inviato Fri 05 Feb 10 @ 7:08 am
Makashino wrote :
Has anyone mapped LEDs to their DDM4000 mixer yet?

If you are trying to do this with Simple MIDI Wrapper, then it's not possible.

Simple MIDI Wrapper does not support mapping LED's - A definition and mapping are required for these to function.

There is ready-made mapper and definition available to registered Pro users.

Inviato Fri 05 Feb 10 @ 12:32 pm
I've created my own mapper using examples from threads and stuff..

Its just I have the LEDs to work, but it does not work in the way I want it too.. does it have to do with priority?

Maybe I'll just purchase a different midi interface..

Inviato Sat 06 Feb 10 @ 9:42 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Makashino wrote :
I've created my own mapper using examples from threads and stuff..

Its just I have the LEDs to work, but it does not work in the way I want it too.. does it have to do with priority?

Maybe I'll just purchase a different midi interface..

Maybe invest in a FULL PRO license before spending money on another controller ?

Inviato Sun 07 Feb 10 @ 2:36 am
I'm saying MIDI interface, not MIDI controller..

Times are hard out here man.. so I will choose when I will start to invest money in Virtual DJ.

Inviato Sun 07 Feb 10 @ 2:05 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)