Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 5.2.1 has a bug w/ my DAC-2 - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gang -

Just installed 5.2.1 and DAC2 is really messed up.

Just 'touched' the pitch slider forces the pitch to max out (+). Then it is stuck between max and center via the DAC2 slider.

Good thing not my gig rig.

Inviato Sat 06 Sep 08 @ 12:09 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are you using any mappers with your setup ? This does not happen with 5.2.1 for me.

Inviato Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 2:01 am
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// DAC-2 Mapper for VDJ 4.1x //
//
// Version 1.0, Optimized for video. //
//
// By: Pern //
//
/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yeah i'm using that and it does exactly the same, but i only noticed at the gig so i just had to get rid of the mapper...

Inviato Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 1:00 pm
I'm using pern's mapper.

Inviato Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 1:16 pm
Yeah it's not a bug in VDJ, it's in the mapper :)

Inviato Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 1:24 pm
Can't help you there ... will need to contact pern about his mapper.

Inviato Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 1:55 pm
Major bummer. W/o his mapper, I am at a MAJOR loss.

My gig rig has 5.1 and will keep it like that I guess till a new mapper is made.

The gig rig uses a DMC-1 and my practice rig has a DAC-2.

Thanks!

Inviato Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 7:32 pm
Just tried yours..

Same thing.

Now what?

Inviato Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 10:12 pm
i have the same problem and just went back to 5.2 pro. How could it be the mapper if it works with the other updates

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 6:17 pm
Which pitch setting do you use ?

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 7:48 pm
10 percent and I'm having the same problem as mention in this post. pitch stays stuck between mid and plus 10 at max. with that new version 5.2.1 when I switch back to 5.2 pro work perfect for a while then something happen when i go to cue it a delayed reaction when cueing the wheel as a dragging delay then I hit play and its a delay drag start. But other than that its all good after a restart of the program then its okay. But yeah I do 10%.................

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 8:05 pm

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 8:32 pm
Big THANKS, it work perfect will try it out tomorrow at a gig for the Mayors fun raiser. you guys are great ''wow''

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 9:01 pm
Well, I tried it and it does in fact work. But.... I am used to the pern mapper and now will need to relearn all the controls.

Hey pern - you out there? :)

Thanks for the hard work, but for now, I'll be using the older mapper and 5.1 on my gig rig.

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 10:24 pm
the functions work the same for me other than the wheel doesnt pitch bend or the plus or minus....

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 10:49 pm
+ and - should do pitch bend -- you may have to adjust the pitch bending value to get the result you want --- from the included readme.txt ->

[-- MINUS (-) and PLUS (+) --]
These two buttons control the Pitch Bend as labeled on the controller's faceplate. A Pitch Bend value slider is provided in the mapper configuration dialog to control the amount of bend to be applied when pressing the (-) or (+) buttons. The slider labeled 'Pitch Bend Value' goes from 0-1024 (4096/4). Because there are no value markings for the slider, calculations are made based on positioning of the slider.

Far Left (0) - no bend is applied :: Far Right (1024 = 4096/4) - -/+1024 is applied Move the slider and test where the best position is for you, closer to zerothe smaller the bend curve. Default Slider Parameter = 128

And theoretically you could make the Inner Jog kind of pitch bend if you set the setting low enough --

[-- INNER JOG --]
The Inner Jog can be used in two (2) modes.
1. Jog mode [Default] [BROWSE OFF]
2. Browser (File) Navigate

In Jog mode [Default] the inner jog wheel will move the track's position relative to the movement and speed of the jog wheel. Clockwise (CW) will move forward into the track. Counter Clockwise (CCW) will move back through the track. This is TRUE whether the track iis stopped/paused or playing.

**Inner Jog Wheel Sensitivity Setting**
There is a parameter slider in the mapper configuration dialog that can be used to configure the inner jog's movement sensitivity. The range is 0 - 512. Closer to 0 and the slower the jog will move, closer to 512 the faster the jog will move. Both based on how fast the jog wheel is turning.

Inviato Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 8:49 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Working on a fix for both my DMC-1 and DAC-2 mappers. Should be uploaded this weekend the latest.

Inviato Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 10:33 am
Bear with me I have downloaded the zip file tried to run the application extension it is asking me which program do i wish to run this
What do i Do ?
Rick

Inviato Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 1:10 pm
pern wrote :
Working on a fix for both my DMC-1 and DAC-2 mappers. Should be uploaded this weekend the latest.

Any progress? :)

Inviato Wed 01 Oct 08 @ 9:21 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My DAC-2 and DMC-1 mappers are now fixed and uploaded to the VDJ website for release.

Inviato Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 7:31 am
95%