Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: icue wont work with VDJ 4.2 (solved) - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

kadeHome userMember since 2006
i do not have the pro version just yet. i still have the limited edition

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 10:12 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
kade wrote :
By the way I NEVER had this problem with the MK2. What could be the problem???????

The mk2 is a proven old unit. The RMX is a still fairly new and slightly more complicated unit and still needs more work on the drivers IMO. Have you the latest drivers for the RMX?

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 10:14 am
I don't want to bombard you guys with questions back and forth. I just want to solve this problem and enjoy my music. I really do appreciate all the advice and assistance you're giving me. If I do not have the pro version does that mean I cannot switch out of ASIO? And if I can switch out of it with my limited edition, how exactly do I do that. Thanks

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 10:15 am
Only ASIO can be used for the new DJC edition (though I have suggested the team to include the WDM option on a future update) and does not include any config. options;^]

Yes I do have the latest drivers. I downloaded it from this website several times

Do I really have to purchase the pro version? I have no problems with doing so. But I do not understand how the program works for my desktop and my brother's laptop and not mine. It is confusing the hell out of me. I'm pulling out the little hair I do have.

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 10:18 am
Right had a idea, please read though this first it may be happening

cstoll wrote :

First thing is if you were a previous MK2 user and you are having performance issues, please check the following and can be done without VirtualDJ running. Open Task Manager, look at the processes - make sure there is only the HDJSeriesCPL.exe process running. If you have a HDJ2CPL.exe process running as well then that is the control panel for the MK2 and it will fight for processor time and try to process the RMX console instructions as well.

~~* Quick Fix : Just End Process on the HDJ2CPL.exe, then to ensure it will not restart on next bootup go to Start -> Run -> msconfig :: Select the Startup tab, then uncheck the entry for the HDJ2CPL

And did you have the mk2 only set up on YOUR PC

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 10:18 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Check if u have any irq conflict in ur system.

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 10:20 am
Jimmy I checked that already and Spinna how do I find an irq conflict

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 10:23 am
and no I had the mk2 on my laptop and PC

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 10:30 am
To view your current IRQ assignments you can open Device Manager.

Click on START, click on CONTROL PANEL.
Click on Performance and Maintenance.
Click on System.
Click on the Hardware tab.
Click the DEVICE MANAGER button.
Once you have Device Manager open, select VIEW from the toolbar menu and then click Resources by Type.

Look skyfxl blog for more info.

Regards;)

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 10:34 am
Anymore advice you can offer me? There doesn't seem to be an IRQ conflict on my computer

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 10:52 am
Vista or XP

WiFi adaptor turned off?
Anti-virus/Firewall disable or Un-installed?
Windows Defender Disable?
If Vista, UAC, Sidebar features turned off?

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 10:57 am
I have Vista. What's the UAC and when you say sidebar off, do you want me to turn it off or are you asking me if its off? My sidebar is currently on I believe

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 11:04 am
Are all the above turned off, if not turn them off, these can cause problems and sound issues

kade wrote :
What's the UAC and when you say sidebar off, do you want me to turn it off or are you asking me if its off? My sidebar is currently on I believe

The UAC is that feature that always ask for your permission when you want to do something to your system.

UAC and sidebar, turn both off. Vista Control panel, bottom row I think.

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 11:14 am
where is the UAC, the sidebar, and the vista control panel located? Thanks I really appreciate it. You guys are helping me solve my problem and giving me computer lessons!

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 11:28 am

Start (windows flag thing, bottom right)>control panel.

Click that, it will bring up the control panel, look for User accounts and Sdiebar. Go into both and you can turn them off from there

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 11:37 am
i turned off the uac but i dont see the sidebar anywhere in control panel

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 11:48 am
if i was to purchase the pro version would this problem still persist?

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 12:17 pm
I could yes pro is a way to go but still it depends too on ur system so i can't say 100 percent that it will solve it but it be better as there are more configs;)

Ok one last try, not sure if there is any reset to factory setting in ur edition at the info tab. If there is, try to reset it. Also how many background process currently there on ur pc? Are u using norton anti-virus?

Lastly if that failed, can u post a screenshot of ur irq here.?

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 1:08 pm
95%