Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Got a new laptop! yay, but ma hercules not working now.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I just got a brand new laptop. (VISTA)
Here are the spec:

250HDD
4GB RAM DDR2
1535MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 9300M ( what ever that means )
and AMD TURION 64*2 dual-core mobile.

i am running the virtual dj edition that came with my mk2.
My mk2 worked correctly on my old computer however it wont work on this laptop, why?
when i use the mk2s soundcard it seems to be working proply, the tunes come out of the speakers which are connected to an amplifier which is connected to my mk2 and to my latop, however it just will not controll virtual dj at all, virtual dj just doesent seem to pick it up... WHY!?

I have taken off the software of my old computer and i am now using it on this laptop.
i have installed the virtual dj djc edition that came with the mk2 on this laptop and the lastest hercules soundcard driver which seems to come from year 2007.

So what is the deal here?

Inviato Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 6:35 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Because the drivers are OLD drivers. Please revisit the Hercules website ( http://ts.hercules.com ) and download the 2008 drivers.

Inviato Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 8:16 am
thanks alot... problem solved.

Inviato Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 6:12 pm
WHATS WRONG WITH THIS!!!???

1. DAMN! I so cant wait until i get my rmx... because this mk2 is sooo CRAP!!!!! :@
it just seems to be problem after problem!
Virtual dj is now picking up my mk2 and i can control virtual dj... AND NOW THE FUCKING SOUND WONT WORK!!!! :@
I have just downloaded the 2008 driver for hercules so why is it stlll not working proply.
everytime i open up virtual dj it says "ERROR!" Error in the ASIO sound card driver, sometimes it may not I might just get lucky.

2. And my speakers somehow think they are headphones... WTF!??? When im playing two tracks.. i can still hear the track on deck A even when i move the crossfader all the way to the right on deck B.....Whyyyy?????????

3.Why can I not record using ASIO drivers? it says **record error** sound card not available...??? WHAT!? Obviously it is fucking available coz i am playing music and i can hear it.. it just will not record... I can only record using WDM drivers... But i am a TCV user and i obviously cannot use WDM drivers with TCV because it just doesent work...

AND 4.
Also the microphone will not work either... i can record my self with the mic... but when i talk through it, it doesent come out of the speakers... however it does when i play it back... ( IF IT SUCCESSFULLY RECORDS USNG WDM THAT IS! )

Sorry but i am no way buying virtual dj pro if this is going to happen all the time... i mean read it Virtual dj (( PRO!!!!! )) its not going to be very professional if this happens all the time now is it!
Yes i do have a limited version...but this shouldent cause all these problems...

Isnt it limited edition were you can only use TCV for a short period of time?
and that you cannot download skins, effects, plugins ETC...
Well thats fine with me... i will buy virtual dj pro... but not if i have problems such as the problems aboven happening all the time...

I will support virtual dj by buying virtual dj pro.. if someone supports me and tries to help me with all these problems... IF all these problems get dealt with whilst using limited djc edition.. i will buy virtual dj pro... UNTIL THEN NO CHANCE!!!! :@

Sorry for my frustration and bad language... BUT THIS HAS GO ON FOR MANY MOUNTHS NOW! I have spent alot of money on virtual dj + hercules products..

Inviato Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 7:39 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hmmm, many months --- wow, very first statement in the first post of this thread -- "I just got a brand new laptop. (VISTA)"

So, let's take each one of your issues ---

Sound --
1. what are the sound setting you are using in the Sound Config ? Did you select anything different than the default of the install ?

2. So how do you have the wiring hooked up and this can relate back to how you have the settings in point 1

3. ASIO recording -- well this is explained on the Hercules website and it is a limitation of their design and yes if you are using Timecode you wouldn't be able to run WDM because you need the ASIO -- this doesn't change with RMX.

4. If you want to record both Master out and Microphone -- then I highly suggest you use an external recording capability. The microphone is not directly routed back to the software.

So, if you want to explain and address each point further then we can start with #1 and work through each point.

Inviato Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 8:45 am
ok... here is my sound config.
inputs: Non

Outputs: headphones or single input.... doesent really make a difference what i select because ther is no difference... the headphones do not work anymore... and even when i have the music playing on deck A... if i move the cross fader to deck B i can still hear deck A :s
my internal mixer isnt working at all, the knobs are moving...but are not responding.

and sound cards... i usualy select dj console mk2 or drop down to ASIO and configure it.

okay and thats the settings i use when i dont use TCV...

I do not even wanna try it it with TCV settings...

Inviato Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 8:12 am
bumpppppppp

Inviato Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 6:44 am
comeon people help me out here!

Inviato Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 5:54 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dj access are u using the djc edition V3.4?? If so then it is just a matter of plug n play and there no much set up in sound config either. But the way u described above it as if u have the pro edition??? The old djc edition dun have these setting.

Anyway have u enable the herc in the config of VDJ??

I try to help u on ur problem.

Regards;)

Inviato Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 7:56 am
no the hercules control pannel has other settings where you can switch from WDM and ASIO...and as for my headphones... well my mk2 has a headphones input so they should work with the djc edition but they are not... and i know i am using the djc edition and they should let me use the TCV for 5 minutes.. which they are.. they stop and lose control after 5 minutes.. i am aware of this because it is limited... but i do not wish to purchase pro just yet

the djc edition lets you record anyway using wdm.. its the hercules control pannel whcih im talking about.. it has two audio options... WDM and ASIO...

but WDM doesent alow TCV and ASIO doesent allow recordings... how nice.

Inviato Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 6:18 pm
cstoll, try reading before posting...

yes i may have said this has went on for many mounths but i have only just got a new laptop...
if you read it proply it also says that i had an old computer... with the same software and almost everything was working correctly apart from the recording...

Inviato Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 6:25 pm
Do you really think insulting people who might help you is useful?

Inviato Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 1:56 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
access i can tell you now there is nothing wrong with vdj or rmx or running it on vista either for future reference, the problem is with your settings now, go and search a few posts to see where you are going wrong... slamming someone's face no matter who they are will not help your case...

Inviato Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 7:32 am
ohhh! ya know you all take things sooo seriously i mean i hardly even said anything bad to him !

he was the one who never read my thread proply and tried to make out that i lied about saying that these problems have been happening to me for mounths as he quoted "i have just bought a brand new laptop"...

sheesh...

Inviato Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 5:21 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
DJ Access no1 wrote :
ohhh! ya know you all take things sooo seriously i mean i hardly even said anything bad to him !

he was the one who never read my thread proply and tried to make out that i lied about saying that these problems have been happening to me for mounths as he quoted "i have just bought a brand new laptop"...

sheesh...

Its human nature Access, if you aggravate people they tend to not try as hard at helping. I would suggest coming at this from a fresh angle....did you try everything Cstoll suggested? If not I would suggest doing so. If yes, then ask, politely, for more help....But after knowing Cstoll for as long as I have I can assure you he never lies.....ever.

Inviato Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 7:39 pm
look everyone the thing is... i was not being horrible or serious or anything. and i did try everything, nothings happening.
maybe you all take things a little too much to heart, i dident even say anything bad :S

Inviato Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 12:02 pm
bump

Inviato Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 5:52 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)