Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ and Hercules RMX...whats going on??

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello,

1) Recently bought a hercules RMX, which came with VDJ 5. I installed it on my desktop with vista 32bit, and all is fine and well.
I then decided to install it on my laptop with XP, and when running it, its a completely different program (so it appears). The skin is different, there are loads more effects and also..there is a config button on the top right of the screen.
When i start the program i get 5 different options of how to run it, but when i use my desktop i get none, and dont even get a config button, just a "more" button.
Have i done something wrong, or is this a common thing with vista?

2) On my laptop, it says that there is an error with the directx sound driver. I have searched on here, but nothing conclusive is coming up.

Any suggestions for both would be fantastic.
Thanks

Graham

Inviato Fri 19 Sep 08 @ 9:23 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hurstie1981 wrote :
2) On my laptop, it says that there is an error with the directx sound driver.

All this means that VirtualDJ has detected the wrong sound setup.

What are your settings in the Sound setup tab of the VirtualDJ config.

Inviato Fri 19 Sep 08 @ 9:38 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Have u upgraded to the recent v5.2.1 LE, downloaded from ur download centre?

Also r u using the full trial version on the lappy?

PS: Just fyi, the djc edition permits u to install to one computer only per license.

Regards;)

Inviato Fri 19 Sep 08 @ 9:55 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Let us not forget kids..make sure you visit the Hercules site and get the newest drivers...

Inviato Fri 19 Sep 08 @ 10:02 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
Let us not forget kids..make sure you visit the Hercules site and get the newest drivers...

Wise words, grandfather, loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Inviato Fri 19 Sep 08 @ 10:13 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

When i load the program, i do not have a "config" tab! This is what i dont understand!

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 6:07 am

So does this mean, you can't get into any of the settings, surely this is not right.

Can you post a screen shot of you skin and post it up. Also do you maximize the skin, you may lose some details by doing this.

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 7:08 am
Yes, ill post a screen shot, and have tried everything but cant find the config screen on my desktop. Only on my laptop! Wierd!

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 7:21 am
Why wont it save the IMG link when i click save??

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 7:29 am
hurstie1981 wrote :
Yes, ill post a screen shot, anyone wanna give me a clue as how to do that?? And yes, i have tried everything....and im stumped!

Right the simple way is get the skin up, and hit the Print screen/Sys Req key on you keyboard. Then go to Start>all programs>Accessories>Paint.

When paint opens up, go to Edit and choice paste, on the Pic is up, then just save somewhere, where you can find it.

Then see the camera symbol at the bottom of the post page hit that and you will be able to upload that Pic to here.

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 7:30 am
hurstie1981 wrote :
Why wont it save the IMG link when i click save??

Have you enabled the BB code option. Click on Syntax Help till you see the + sign.

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 7:32 am
I dun think the djc edition have any sound config to choose from.

Jimmy, he is using the djc eition hence there no options in configs. The djc edition should be the same with all herc product that it will not work without the console attached.

@hurstie

Have u upgraded to the latest updates n downloadd the recent drivers from herc. Can u try to plug in the rmx first before rebooting ur lappy.

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 7:36 am
spinnaJ wrote :

Jimmy, he is using the djc eition hence there no options in configs.

Surely there has to be some options, If not not then thats shit.

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 7:42 am
No, there are no options whatsoever....however......when i installed it on my laptop i got loads....and all from the same CD!!
Yes, ive tried downloading the latest drivers and software but to no avail! It must be just because its the DJC version, but even so, there should be at least a few options for me!!

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 7:51 am
hurstie1981 wrote :
2) On my laptop, it says that there is an error with the directx sound driver.

All this means that VirtualDJ has detected the wrong sound setup.

What settings should i use on my laptop mate? For example.....?

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 7:52 am
?

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 8:17 am
Can u post a screen shot for us to look at? Thanks;)

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 8:17 am
I keep trying, but there is no camera button on here to take a screen shot. I have uploaded shots to my photbucket account, but this forum wont accept the IMG url for some reason!

Inviato Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 5:02 pm

You can directly upload the Pic file now with this new website, just click on the small square with a camera on it, at the bottom left of the new post page.

Inviato Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 5:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)