Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Song skipping with new laptop, why?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I recently installed Virtualdj in my new laptop, yet from time to time songs skip. I am using the Numark IO soundcard connected to a Numark mixer which is connected to an amplifier. As my input in config I use "none", output=headphone and soundcard=ASIO.
OZ

Inviato Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 9:15 pm
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hey,

Can you describe what you mean by 'stops' in more details.

ie, how long does it stop for? does it stop then start again? any stuttering? does it do the same thing each time or does it perhaps vary in length??

:)

Inviato Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 1:29 am
What version do you have as 5.2 seems to have stopped doing this for me.

Inviato Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 5:26 am
The version is 5.1. It stops for about 1 second or two then continues. No stuttering occurs and the 'stops' happens sporadically; maybe once every 4 songs. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Inviato Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 10:24 pm
jimmiemPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm having a similar issue but it gets worse than skipping. I just bought a new lappy and the specs kill every other computer I own, but every computer runs VDJ rock solid but the new one.

The 'skipping' I get is just a hiccup. If it happened once I'd never notice it. Unfortunately it happens over and again, totally sporadically.

The part where it gets worse is when I'm using the computer for other things. I run a trivia game and use Excel to keep score. I get the hiccup most frequently when switching between windows. After a while, the audio will suddenly become garbled and VDJ has to be restarted. My old laptop did this too, but under different circumstances - you had to be surfing the web with that one.

With the new laptop I have tried the Numark ASIO USB sound card and also two cheapie 'thumb drive' style USB sound cards. Both with the same result.

Tomorrow I'm going to tweak the hell out of the PC and turn off all the visual niceties of Vista. Can anyone recommend VDJ and ASIO settings?

Inviato Mon 29 Sep 08 @ 1:52 am
jimmiem wrote :
I'm having a similar issue but it gets worse than skipping. I just bought a new lappy and the specs kill every other computer I own, but every computer runs VDJ rock solid but the new one.

The 'skipping' I get is just a hiccup. If it happened once I'd never notice it. Unfortunately it happens over and again, totally sporadically.

The part where it gets worse is when I'm using the computer for other things. I run a trivia game and use Excel to keep score. I get the hiccup most frequently when switching between windows. After a while, the audio will suddenly become garbled and VDJ has to be restarted. My old laptop did this too, but under different circumstances - you had to be surfing the web with that one.

With the new laptop I have tried the Numark ASIO USB sound card and also two cheapie 'thumb drive' style USB sound cards. Both with the same result.

Tomorrow I'm going to tweak the hell out of the PC and turn off all the visual niceties of Vista. Can anyone recommend VDJ and ASIO settings?

Try safe mode ON as well as Performance to the left Fastest with the Latency on Auto

If Safe mode is already on try turning it off

Inviato Mon 29 Sep 08 @ 2:29 am
I had pretty much the same problem music stopping and starting at random times thru a show i found it was the wifi card causing the dropouts. i downloaded this nifty little program for free called DCP latency checker and it helped me sort out the problem..now all is well no dropouts or stops and starts..you can download it for free here
http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
hope it helps

Inviato Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 3:20 pm
I use the numark dj io sound card with spirit folio mixer. I set input none output external mixer and soundcard asio, in performances uncheck safe mode set presets to fastest latency to auto and turn off the wifi card

Inviato Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 3:27 pm
Thks much TerryK for the input. I'll try these out to see if they work. Oz

Inviato Wed 01 Oct 08 @ 7:31 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)